LEDs fitted by Trups

Stol1975

Reaction score
As the title says I've had some LEDs fitted by Trups today and there great. I'm waiting for my side light and main headlight ones as he was waiting on a delivery and it didn't arrive in time so I will put mor pics up when I have had those fitted.

For some reason my iPhone wont update pics :(

Mods please delete.

Upload via photobucket ands paste the IMG link.

Right hope this works via my ipad. New lights fitted today by Trups.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351114642.244602.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351114642.244602.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 670
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351114656.480985.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351114656.480985.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 598
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351114673.671007.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351114673.671007.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 665
Reactions: LeeBearley
More pics, they don't show exactly how good they are, they are so bright!! I'm so glad I've had this done. Can't wait for the headlights.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351115975.247902.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351115975.247902.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 526
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351115996.197602.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351115996.197602.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 520
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351116021.775258.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351116021.775258.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 561
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351116049.921703.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351116049.921703.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 671
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351116077.937975.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351116077.937975.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 546
Trups' interior LED lights are awesome! They were my first mod and by far my favourite so far... Can't even imagine going back to those crappy OEM lights!

Reactions: s4ray
I also had a remap whilst I was there and the extra power delivered is soooooo smooth. Trups also recoded so I have coming home lights and my rears lights are on with my drl's. looks sweet and feels sweet.
Get yourself down to EM Tuning.

Hi there,

You mention that T8ups activated coming home lights was by coding only or did it require wiring?

Also what year is your A3 is apparently it is a hit and miss on certain years?

Cheers fella

Aky

He did via vcds so no wiring. Car was registered June 09. No fault codes for the LEDs either.

Need to get myself those white DRL bulbs! Didn't realise they stocked them!

The yellow halogens look awful to me now. The interior leds makes the inside feel newer now 😄

Led drls look very nice. Are they difficult to swap from the old bulbs?

Led drls look very nice. Are they difficult to swap from the old bulbs?

If your handy and have someone to help then no but that's because I watched a couple of experts do it. Trups took my front bumper off to do it so its a bit of a hassle. Worth it though :)

Bumper off to change the bulbs :/
I don't like the sound of that. Is it possible to change them without doing that? I've ordered the same bulbs as you have and some led number plate lights.

PM T8ups and ask about the bumper. I think you have to cause they are so awkward to get to. Does seem a bad design. Not as easy as my metro was lol.

More pics, they don't show exactly how good they are, they are so bright!! I'm so glad I've had this done. Can't wait for the headlights.

you need some footwell LED lights and puddle lights now to complete the job;-)

PM T8ups and ask about the bumper. I think you have to cause they are so awkward to get to. Does seem a bad design. Not as easy as my metro was lol.

Taking the bumper off would make it much easier to do, can get away with jacking the car up removing the wheel arch liner and accessing the back of the headlights.

Are these harder to change than the dipped and full beam headlights? No way you need to take the bumper off for those, it is hard but not impossible.

If you can feel the bulb from behind then and can get your hands in nicely then no bumber off needed.

They are plug and play so no resistors.

i am getting some more in 2 weeks so i can start taking pre orders and contact you when they come in so you get a pair.

They are £25 posted to the uk or NI.

i also have an ice white version coming in, they are not LED. they are £15 posed to the UK or NI.

any questions then please ask.

Trups

I had mine fitted today along with some xenon bulbs. What a difference it makes to the front end. Why are they not fitted as standard ill never know. A tip for anyone fitting then.turn the wheel, Unscrew the arch liner get your hand up to fit the bulb through that way. It's much easier! Took 10 mins to fit the 4 new bulbs by doing it that way.

Chris,

Thanks for the tip on the fitting of the bulbs, i will have a go next time i get one in.

Number plate LED's error free also?

Trups

No problem. Just take a few screws out in the top closest to the light and pull it aside just enough to get your hand through to fit the bulbs. no need to take the whole arch liner out. Yes the plate leds work fine but To be honest tho I'm not sure if the plate lights need to be fault free because when I swapped them from the old bulbs i noticed only one of the old bulbs was working, I had no fault light on the dash? So im not sure But either way they work fine, look good and were simple to fit.
high beam, fog bulbs and interior leds will be my next upgrade. Do you sell them? If so can you message me some prices. Cheers

t8ups, do you have a brighter solution to the dreadfully poor 8P3 Single reverse light?

My car is a Jan 2011 MY11. S3 3Dr.

Thanks

Last edited:
So is it just a bulb that t8ups has put in? I bought Canbus LEDs off eBay and fitted my self with no hassle.

t8ups, do you have a brighter solution to the dreadfully poor 8P3 Single reverse light?

My car is a Jan 2011 MY11. S3 3Dr.

Thanks
you're making me want to go & check I have two reversing lights! you haven't blown a bulb have you?

Edit: just ran out and checked! MY09 SB has two reversing lights.

you're making me want to go & check I have two reversing lights! you haven't blown a bulb have you?

Edit: just ran out and checked! MY09 SB has two reversing lights.

On 3 Door 8P A3/S3 they only have a single reverse light . The other side is the foglights. Sportback's have different rear light set up.

No problem. Just take a few screws out in the top closest to the light and pull it aside just enough to get your hand through to fit the bulbs. no need to take the whole arch liner out. Yes the plate leds work fine but To be honest tho I'm not sure if the plate lights need to be fault free because when I swapped them from the old bulbs i noticed only one of the old bulbs was working, I had no fault light on the dash? So im not sure But either way they work fine, look good and were simple to fit.
high beam, fog bulbs and interior leds will be my next upgrade. Do you sell them? If so can you message me some prices. Cheers

PM'd you.

On 3 Door 8P A3/S3 they only have a single reverse light . The other side is the foglights. Sportback's have different rear light set up.

Hi Paul.

i can supply a led for this, we can use a 9w cree LEd bulb that is in the picture above.

contact me if you want one.

the fog light bulb on the 8p3 is a no go as the bulb is really small and i dont have a fitment thats bright enough.

So is it just a bulb that t8ups has put in? I bought Canbus LEDs off eBay and fitted my self with no hassle.

These are not SMD LED bulbs.

They are a Cree LED so far brighter, the bulb has one tiny led on it and the output of that lamp is outstanding.

Steve come over for a few things so i fitted them in as part of the deal, but like you said, easy to do without any drama's.

Trups

Hi Paul.

i can supply a led for this, we can use a 9w cree LEd bulb that is in the picture above.

contact me if you want one.

Thanks t8ups, Reverse LED would be great. Will be in touch.
Might also get a couple of LED's for the interior.

After about an hour of losing skin of my knuckles I finally got my new headlamps in from Trups.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351376548.357420.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351376548.357420.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 430
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351376596.024735.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351376596.024735.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 479
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351376607.962711.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351376607.962711.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 434
Yes they have made a real difference. Went for a drive down some country lanes last night to get the full beam on.
I want to get the fogs done now but then I'll be tempted to be one those people driving around with the fogs in in broad daylight!!

Thanks Trups. Still loving the remap too, with the extra performance and light upgrade its feels like a a new car 😄