6 month old A3 2.0T Sportback Sport - price

djoblong

Reaction score
What sort of price do you reckon you would get if you tried to sell an A3 Sportback 2.0T quattro 6-12 months old? Or should I ask what would people pay? Roughly 10% off the best buy price?!? Or is that being generous. Talking about private sale. Car with about £2500 options on top of the basic car price.

I have seen VERY few of them for sale as I guess they have only been being sold for 9 months now. One on autotrader.co.uk with 7000 miles was £20K. Sound about right?

Would you guys go for a 1 year old version or prefer to plump for a new one?

Waiting list, good spec, there will be a buyer out there mate +++

but you will take a bit of a hit. What are you buying instead?

Theres a few on Top Marques, going from around £21+. Yours sounds good, with excellent choice of extras which would help the sale.

Is yours a low miler, and any reason for the sale?

Yeah I may have to leave the country unexpectedly, but not until around October-November. I just don't do that many miles - my trip to work is around 12 miles and I 've been doing less business mileage than I thought.

I considered shipping the thing to Australia where I might be going but import duty and shipping are a killer so I'll probably just have to sell it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

And I'd even leave the Dension installed - insert ipod = party central!!!

Anyway if anyone reading is mildly interested or knows someone that might be, watch this space around Oct-Nov.

Nothing like someone eating the first year's depreciation for you!

My dealer has one ex demo exactly the same spec as mine with 4k on it on the forecourt for £24k!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Taking the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif! I should be able to get 22K for it at least. 24K is just ridiculous. YOu can get it through DTD for less than that new surely?

[ QUOTE ]
And I'd even leave the Dension installed - insert ipod = party central!!!

Anyway if anyone reading is mildly interested or knows someone that might be, watch this space around Oct-Nov.

Nothing like someone eating the first year's depreciation for you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Blimey ! Why do posts like this appear just a little too late, already paid my deposit on new Golf & picking up tonight - had I have sen this last week I would have been iterested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm sure you will have no trouble selling if you keep it to £20k or just a little under /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The problem for most people of buying through someone like DTD is trade-in. When I change my car I always do it through my dealer and whilst I may pay a little more on the list price I always get a very good trade-in price and with no hassle. I also get 'service' from my dealer including any small jobs that I might otherwise have to pay for, for free and borrowing demonstrators for weekend to have a 'proper' test drive.

Drive my old car to the dealer and drive away in the new one. As I have a personal plate it's quite strange when I change my car to see 2 cars on the forecourt with the same number !

New golf? What's wrong your A3? Sounds specced out like a mofo!