Devastated!!

Gregzy88

A3 Newbie
Reaction score
Well guys I've probably made the biggest schoolboy error ever seen. Was power washing the car and water hose went up onto the bonnet as I was reaching to the far side. The damage is as follows: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351095891069309ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351095904030586

This is after black T cutting and polishing I'm so gutted. If anyone has any ideas of how to get rid of these swirls then place let me know. If a body repair shop is required how much do you think it will be? Thanks.

You need to get them polished out T-cut won't "cut it" as they say

3m Fastcut, a decent pad and a polisher would be my thinking

Looks as though they will polish out with a DA polisher and some cutting. See if there is a detailer around near you and ask him to have a go at it. Its amazing what a DA machine can do.

As above you need to find someone with a polisher, maybe worth a post on Detailing World asking for help.

As others have said I'm sure a post on Detailing World asking for some help will see this sorted out for a few beers!

gutting when it happens but fortunately easily sortable - best of luck

If you cant feel the marks with the thumbnail test. Meguires Swirl X will usually get them out.

cant believe people still use t-cut lol , some 3m fast cut and pad on a DA should get them out pal if not some fast cut plus should do the trick

If you want to do it quickly by yourself with no machine, then I've used some G3 in the past with some water, worked a treat, wax on wax of, true aswell, lol, as I'm not a detailer it did the job, but of course there are better products out there, but no doubt as mentioned needs someone with knowledge on the job tbh if G3 doesnt cut it.

Farecla G3 advanced liquid compound fluid 500ml polishing bottle fresh paint | eBay

Thanks for all the replies folks will get right on the case and let you know how I get on.

Unlucky mate. So many things can go wrong with the car if you're not careful. Hope you get it sorted.