At bit of car trouble

Sport

Reaction score
On my way from work tonight, first thing was the car struggled to start, second the car was blowing cold air, the engine temperature was at 90. Third, as I neared home the temperature almost shot up to maximum and then the low coolant light came on, checked and everything was fine. Fourth when I switched off the engine the fan is still blowing, just checked it's still blowing. What is going on? Will my battery die? Should I disconnect?

What you need to do is get It on VCDS plenty of members have it and there's a list for people who have it so just check the list out for someone in your area with it, temp going up to maximum could be a water pump/ thermostat issue but like I've said you really need to get it on VCDS to check hope this helps and good luck

Cheers, this VCDS how much is it? Might come in hand.

NHN sells it on here send him a pm for details, there's a sub section on the main page of the forum for VCDS check it out

Sounds like water pump to me. Most likely other issues also. Good luck.

Perhaps sticky thermostat. It's easier to check and change compared to the pump.

Ok cheers, sounds expensive. Is this a DIY job or take to the garage kind of job?

Like I said before mate you really need to get it on VCDS too confirm the problem, if it is water pump related the yes it will need to go to the garage as the front end needs to be stripped to gain access to the water pump and while your there you might aswell change the Cambelt as there quite cheap and would save you further labour in the future, all in you could be looking about the £300-£350 mark