Im back with my new car

macpdm

Reaction score
Afternoon all its really nice to be back in this superb forum. Today swmbo and I bought a 54 plate A3 2.0 TDi Sport Sportback from a local dealer.Its in virtually mint condition with a genuine 65,000mls and a stack of bills it was clear it had been lovingly cared for. Everyting has been done early iincluding the cambelt.

We had the choice of a 2007 Skoda Octavia VRS TDi with 73k or the Audi. We took the Skoda out and although very quick it was a very firm ride and suffered from rattling trim. The Audi just felt superior in everyway even though it was older the ride was almost carpet like in comparison and it did not feel that much slower, and absolutely no rattling trim. You just know when a car is right for instance all four tyres on the Audi were fresh shod with Conti sport contacts. So yes very happy cant wait to pick it up next week just need an armrest kit and swmbo wants a private plate :notme:

2wd1ys4.jpg

Very nice looking motor! Can't beat the audi quality. Lovely colour. Any other mods planned other than armrest?

Welcome back!

Car looks lovely, love the colour (although I am a little bit biased lol).

Any mods planned?

Thanks all not sure about mods just been reading through the stickies and I think I will just make sure everything is ship shape mechanically then go for subtle mods like the armrest kit, puddle lighting (unless it already has it) and maybe stereo upgrades.

Welcome back, car looks very tidy, so I hope it looks after you well!

Thanks Warren really chuffed with it I thought the car colour and the wheel combo were also unusual but very attractive.

Trust me to start reading the stickies, just briefly read the BLB engine thread the night before we pick it up :crying:

Oh well it sounded fine and im ******** if im gonna tell swmbo now.