airbag question.....

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Anyone know If curtain air bag and seat air bag in the 5 door A3 are all the same?

i need some for 5 door sportback........i know 3 door and 5 door are different(ive been told) and ive been told by a few people aslong as they are from a 5 door they will be compatible.........thort id ask here.

seat airbags are the same (except for buckets) curtain you need a 5 door for the curtain.

OK,THANKS......i assume that any 5 door curtain airbag is compatable?
Audi said the seat airbags for 3 door and 5 door have different part numbers,so they are different...unless you know different.....?
My seats are half leather/alacantra exactly the s-lines
seat airbags are the same (except for buckets) curtain you need a 5 door for the curtain.

if i recall the difference was in the connector at the end of the loom just swapped it over and bobs your uncle, try airbagsforsale on ebay theyre resonable and got me exact part number and revision replacements theyre all i use these days

very usefull thanks for that,i can get a seat airbag from my local scrapy for £20....if its just the connector,may try that.
if i recall the difference was in the connector at the end of the loom just swapped it over and bobs your uncle, try airbagsforsale on ebay theyre resonable and got me exact part number and revision replacements theyre all i use these days

ive just took airbags out,i can get the roof one which is 8P4 880 742 J mine which ive just removed is 8P4 880 742 B
WILL THESE BE OK?
THE SEAT ONE IS :8P4 880 242B Which im still hunting for.

ok,so i take it one out of a 2 door would fit then? also (curtain airbag)8P4 880 742 J mine which ive just removed is 8P4 880 742 B aill these fit or does the end letter make a big difference?
thats the ones i changed, changed out with a cloth seat airbag

oh ok...........thanks,were the part numbers different?