PLEASE HELP!! Fault code 01332 passenger door communication error

laurA3

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a 2005 2.0 TDI which has had the passenger side door skin replaced(used from ebay) as someone kicked the old one. The replacement door was bare so all parts were transferred from the old door. Soon after we noticed the door is not locking and also the alarm, interior light and onboard computer are not acknowledging when the door is open.

My friend has a SnapOn scanner and pulled a 01332 fault code from car which says a passenger door communcation error.

The car went to a reputable mechanic and he said it was sure to be the latch/catch so had it replaced and as we expected it did not fix it.

The car is now with an auto electrician who has had the car for 6 days and still cant find the fault.

One other thing the car was not used for several months prior and the door was fitted with a flat battery(not sure if this makes any difference).

Any advise would be hugely appreciated.

Laura

Sorry should of also mentioned the window works fine.

Bump... Anyone of you kind people have any suggestions?

Hi mate, try and get it scanned with VCDS by someone local to you.

If all was working fine before you transferred over, then it is possible, things have not been connected up correctly or you have lose or broken wires. Also check your fuses.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm quite sure it was working before and the fuses have been checked. I kind of think it may be loose broken wires too but would of thought the electrician would of picked up up that. I spoke to him on Friday and he said it's baffling him:( Will see what he say's tomorrow and then may look for someone with VCDS.

Thanks again

Given it has comms errors, then its more than likely wiring if worked before, door modules dont go faulty often, as advised whereabouts are you located as maybe abl to resolve for you if the auto leccy cant work it out.