New S3 and modding already :)

M

monopole

Hi, I am ready to take delivery of my new S3 Sportback Black Edition S-Tronic in the next few days and also have provisionally booked into Awesome GTI.

I plan to have a stage1 remap with before/after RR and Bilstein B14 coilovers fitted. I have seen on here people fitting wheel spacers and wondered if I should do the same? Would it be worth it fitting spacers at the same time as the coilivers due to alignment being done then also? What difference do the spacers really make?

Pics to come when taken delivery.

Sorry but the rules clearly state you cannot have a car in your signature until its in your possession :)

Only joking,hello and welcome aboard ASN,sounds like you have done your homework on your mods.

:sign_welcome:

Good to hear about the new purchase! Be sure to get some pics up.

deciding on wheel spacers is going to depend on a number of things like the alloys you are going for, how wide they are, what the offset is and how low you are going to go on the Bilsteins.

Aside from making a visual difference wheel spacers are also going to effect the way in which the car handles

in terms of visuals this thread is good for seeing what set ups people have and what results have been achieved

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/131647-stance-thread.html

Thx, the car is brand new with the standard BE wheels (rotors). I aim to have the coilovers set to just above the tyre. Decent drop but not too low.

I wouldn't be mapping from brand new, I'd leave it a good few thousand before getting it done.

I mapped my S3 BE at 1,000ish miles. now on 13k and pulling better than ever.

Your doing the right thing! :)

I mapped first car at 198 miles, and second one at 4,000 miles. No difference as far as I can detect. Start as you mean to go on, but just drive it sensibly on warm up and cool down cycles, and regular oil changes. S3 isn't good enough out of the box by today's standards so understand you wanting to get stuck in!

Whats your opinions on wheel spacers? I really think the car needs lowering so why i am getting coilovers, but i just dont know about the spacers ???????

I think the spacers make it look better. Until I changed to 19's I ran spacers (10mm) as the wheels tuck under the arches a bit, but now I'm running 19 with a lower ET I don't use them. More a looks thing than any real handling benefit.

Does the wheel alignment need to be done again if i fit spacers later down the line?

long commute fella ?

12 mile round trip!

I like to drive...got 3 cars to use aswell!

Its gonna get worse now as I'll have a 40 mile round trip from Monday as I start a new job at Landrover!

yep at 13k within 9 months, you must love driving :yes: with ibis S3, i think i would.
I do 38 mile round trip, not too bad, as most of it is the m62/m60.

good luck on your 1st day lad :salute:

well, here is what was my car Vehicle View - Audi S3 Sportback 2.0 T FSI quattro Black Ed. S Tronic - Slough

Condition when sold:
Bilstein B14 coilovers, Yellow tint LED fogs, APR S1 ~310BHP and Nuespeed P-Flo/TTS engine cover (supplied original engine cover/filter in boot), DAB add on radio

body work and wheels immaculate with no marks at all (marks on wheel plastic nut caps just cleaning product, can be wiped off)
Black S3 badge on boot
coilover spanners in boot kit
v well looked after, grab it whilst its hot

edit
Ran on Shell V-power/nitro all its life

Last edited by a moderator: