Upgrade Possibilities

hjdavies

Reaction score
right as it says..
my insurance is finally low enough to let me get something abit more tasty. looking at maybe a 1.8 t or a 2ltr fsi.
which would you guys suggest ?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
umm not the 2.0FSI, 1.8T would be better.

Gotta have a turbo these days! :)

I say push the boat out, 2.0tfsi or go S3.

Reactions: BriggsJ
I'd go for the 2.0t mate there's not much difference in the insurance, make sure it's a quattro tho :icon_thumright:

The 2.0T is 200bhp and I think the I.8T is 150bhp but someone will correct me if I'm wrong

dam... thas some grunt. well to me it is. iv decided against a s3 after lookin at the price of them.. is the 1.8 t a quattro ?

dam... thas some grunt. well to me it is. iv decided against a s3 after lookin at the price of them.. is the 1.8 t a quattro ?

No. It's only available on the 2.0T I beleive

i shall go on the hunt then.. i deffinatly want a quattro so. i may have to do abit of driving. theres a few 3.2s about. theyr a option i supose but tha about £400 insurance

whats the remap potential on those ? im guessing theyr way way better on the fuel aswell

Yes, better on fuel and cheaper on tax but if you don't do many miles and short runs then stick with petrol

You have to get an S3! anything else is childs play. I went from a 1.9 tdi A3 to a 2.0tfsi S3 and never looked back. at the end of the day it will only go as fast as your foot makes it. Plus theres no chance of killing your self with the four wheel drive system, ive never known anything like it.
Instead of going for a smaller and modyfying, the s3 2.0tfsi has 265BHP with 255Torque. then you dont have to modify if you dont want. its more than enough.

how much does a s3 go for tho.. im not to botherd about high miles just has to be well looked after. and ill check insurence now but im guessing its guna be steep

Mines about £1400 and i'm 22, waiting for that special age of 25 to come round. for a good spec and low miles you would be looking at £15k for an 07 i think, but if your not bothered about low miles then im sure they cant be that expensive.
with a saving like that for a 1.8T i can't fault you for thinking about it. Let me know what you decide on..