a3 8p3 sport back number plate delete and bose blueooth question

Msphotographic

Reaction score
has any one found some where to buy an 8p3 number plate grll from , i have the black edition grill but want to be able to see if theres a clip on number plate delete , iv been told you can buy them from the dealer but iv had no luck finding a part code

also i have the bose upgraded stero but i didnt get thebluetooth installed, my mate has activated it via vagcom to see if it would work but guess what.... it didnt either im doing somthing wrong as iv read up that all sport backs come with blueooth as standard. is this right and if not would i just need to buy a blueooth module and fit it ??

thanks every one

Don't know what you mean by clip on number plate delete?

The bluetooth module was not standard in the Sportback. You will need to get the module and fit/code it. The OEM location is under the front passenger seat.

I'm pretty sure that's the latest 8V model they are referring too. I've had 2 Sportbacks, neither came with Bluetooth.

ooo oright no probs so do you reckon it will be pretty easy to install then ??? iv got the bose system aswell

That...I don't know. NHN on here supplied and fitted mine as he's done with many other ASN members. Couldn't recommend him enough although if you wanted to do it yourself there is no doubt, plenty of info on these forums to help you i'm sure.

no problem.

I still don't know what you mean by number plate delete...educate me :)

Mate, the part number is in that link you sent, lol!

Anyhow this is it 8P0807287H, you can call the dealers for a price now.

Most Black Editions (recent) came with bluetooth as standard but there was an early period where they didn't unfortunately ...

mines a 12 plates , its got the black pack on it not black edition sorry , just been looking how to fit it my self and how hard it will be

Bluetooth modules requires some wiring and stripping some parts off the car to get installed, you would need to remove the glovebox and the front passenger seat, then run the wires under the carpet around to the back of the stereo... Also depending on which kit you get you may need to solder some wires into the back of your head unit
where abouts are you based?

im based in ormskirk but i work all over the place , how much would you charge for this, i have bose does that make a differance???

no the bose does not make any difference, I am down south in London/Kent
if you dont come around these parts much i know that there are a couple guys who can do this for you a bit more local... i think Jboo will be able to fit the bluetooth unit who is based up in the north-west. ( jb0o)