A3 3.2 06 sportback ----dreaded Check engine light!!!!

ozzy A3 3.2

Reaction score
Hey guys,:o.k:

im a long time viewer of your forum and its goto be one of the more informative ones out there in audi forum land !!

Im from down under ;) and iv owned quite a few vw/audis over the years and I recently traded my s3 8L for a A3 3.2 2006 sportsback DSG.....

After 2 months of owning this car the engine light started flashing and I returned the car to the dealer ,he replaced 2 coil packs.

after another few weeks the engine light came on and another 3 coil packs were stuffed!!! I paid the extra and changed the other 1 so all are new audi units.

now after another week the engine light came on as I was parking but after I turned the car off and then back on it had gone away!!! :keule:

I have spoken to audi and they have told me there was a recall on the ignition module and that was not done on the car before....I have noticed quite a few of the members with 3.2 here that have had a similar issue..... would the ignition module be the root of all evil in this case?????????

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had all my 6 coils replaced under the recall mine is a 3.2 Quattro 2006 also. Touch wood I've had no problems at all.

Is it possible for you to get it scanned with vcds. That will tell you the route cause of the EML being on.

thanks guys!!!

i took the car into audi today and it was checked for the missfire (error hasnt come up again since the o.p) and nothing was found.
28e9 campaign was checked and since all the coils had been replaced previously the didnt replace them again... would have liked a spare set of coils!!

VAS tool was connected and a SVM update was done. car sounds a little more beefy now(dont know if thats my imagination;) )

hope that resolves the issues so im keeping my fingers crossed. btw my wallet is $185 lighter!!!!