sfg?

onianbag

Reaction score
Anyone know if the new a3 with sfg is on the streets yet? only I saw a red one last week - just wondering if someone had 'updated' their A3 (if possible) or if it was a brand newwy.

I've seen a couple on the road and at the dealership.

Can't imagine many people would update their "old" shape grill.

Yeah, a guy at work has recently taken delivery of an A3 SE (approx 3 weeks ago) complete with the SFG, looks quite good in the Akoya Silver.

I've seen some.

I started out not liking the SFG but now think it definitley looks better.

I took delivery of my SFG A3 TDI 2.0 Quattro S-Line yesterday - the suspension and ride seem a little more refined then my previous TDI sport

Not seen any yet! Mind you, the SFG A4 and A6 are starting to appear in numbers now, so it's becoming a common sight.

Still get people glaring at the front of my Sportback though. It is very eye-catching!

[ QUOTE ]
I took delivery of my SFG A3 TDI 2.0 Quattro S-Line yesterday - the suspension and ride seem a little more refined then my previous TDI sport

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the exact same car arriving in September w/Votex! I'd like to see some pics too.

I'll put up some pictures later this afternoon after I charge my digital camera up!

get up the pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

in the mean time ...

2771_682c96f8a5388de1cd1b62a51f9c4845.jpg

just love the front S-Line Badge ( i wish i had one )

the bit of red instantly reminds me of the "S" Badge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

have to admit the SFG is bringing all the audis in line with the front end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

its what BMW did many years ago ( before they lost the plot )
with the Kidney front grille

THis new SFG front looks great shame mine hasnt got it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I can see these S-line badges flooding virtually all models soon. Even seen SE models with the S-line badges.

Personally I still prefer the original grille. I feel it is a design 'imposed' on the A3 by Audi's wish for a corporate image and the A3 looked better as it was originally designed. Seems to look a little better on the Sportback but makes the 3-door look too front heavy. It looks OK on the large A4, A6 and A8 but, to me, just does not look right on the smaller A3.

+1 I'm in total agreement with David on this one. The A3 was shaped around a wide double grille. The SFG, which is massive and tall, looks out of place on it.

That being said, our double grilles are now officially the 'older' version :-(

Sorry for the delay in post pics but how do I attach the pictures to the post - I don't see an option to create attachments!

To be honest after having owned an '04 plate A3 TDI sport and having changed it for an SFG A3 Quattro I prefer the SFG front end - it makes the car look a bit more special!

its the headlights that do it for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

its good they have left them alone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like the SFG it looks fresh and new, things have to move on... and this is the direction....

owen, if you email me the pics I'll put them on a server and post them for you. mark [--at--] meati dot com

I like the SFG too, partially because I have one (of course) but I think it adds a little bit of aggresiveness to the front end in a good way. Agree with S_Line too - love the front headlamps - they always seemed a little 'wrong' on the old a3 (8L) - just too rectangular for my liking, but they've got them spot on for the 8P, especially in xenon versions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Each to his own. Personally I prefer style to aggression.

I'm an SFG fan. In fact, it was seeing this on the pre-release pictures of the Sportback that drew my interest, as much as the nice shape of the 8P itself.

Also a fan of the headlights. Mine has xenons and they work well with the SFG (as in the picture above).

All down to personal taste of course. But again, as I mentioned above, the SFG doesn't half turn heads.

Finally got my webspace sorted out - so here is the first pic of my new car

More will follow

FRONT.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
Each to his own. Personally I prefer style to aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope I never insinuated that they were mutually exclusive. I like both styles of grille, I just like the SFG a little more. You, of course, may differ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW - nice car Owen. Hope you're well chuffed with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Owen,

Can you please confirm whether or not your s-line came with a roof spoiler or not.

On the Audi uk website it still says the s-line comes with a roof spoiler!!!

Aaaaarrgghhh why can't Audi get their facts straight?!

Woo look at teh shine on that front end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great pic mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is it me or do the AUDI rings need to be black ????

My s-line did not come with a spoiler that was an additional £950 ish on top of what I paid for the other "interior" s-line package.
The exterior s-line package has the roof spoiler and a slightly altered front skirt.

I like the silver Audi rings its a nice contrast to the rest of the grille!

Amazing, just saw a brand new silver 3-door with the new grill, it looked stunning and very sleek. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

why on earth waste your money on something your car is clearly not?

"Since the market introduction of the new Audi A3 model with the striking singleframe in April you can see at first glance whether the car is an old or new A3 - certainly not a nice feeling for many owners of the previous model."

[ QUOTE ]
Now how the hell did I see a 54 plate with the same nose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you can get the SFG retro-fitted to the old style A3 front. Not sure of the cost though.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you can but it would be V. expensive. New bonnet, new grill, new bumper, new lights? as well I think.

Cost prohibitive I think the phrase is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't someone post the plans on here for the new SFG a while back? I don't think you need a new bonnet do you?