JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AP Coilover Peeps

1st Gear

Status
    I just got a set of AP's fitted to mine yesterday, amazed how much better the ride is than my standard s-line suspension which I wasn't expecting atall. With it being stiffer the car also feels a lot more planted to the road.

Was nervous before getting them fitted as I was sure that the ride would be ruined, it was just a matter of by how much but I'm thrilled with the results and glad I went for it!
    Daggerit likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MxGaza33 View Post
    I just got a set of AP's fitted to mine yesterday, amazed how much better the ride is than my standard s-line suspension which I wasn't expecting atall. With it being stiffer the car also feels a lot more planted to the road.

Was nervous before getting them fitted as I was sure that the ride would be ruined, it was just a matter of by how much but I'm thrilled with the results and glad I went for it!
    Sounds good, makes me more excited to get mine fitted.

How low have you gone? Any pics?

1st Gear

Status
    No pics yet as it's dark by the time I get home from work!

Haven't gone too low yet, probably around 15-20mm lower than s-line height currently. Just waiting a few days to let it settle then I'll get it where I want it on Friday and get the wheels laser aligned on Saturday and I'll be sorted!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MxGaza33 View Post
    Quick question about them Bailey if you don't mind, are the adjusters on the rears on top of the spring or at the bottom? Reason for asking is I should be getting a set in the next few days and I've seen the FK highsports and the adjusters sat at the bottom which was impossible to adjust while they were on the car, which isn't ideal to say the least.
    It really doesn't matter if it is on top or the bottom. The quickest way to adjust it is to unbolt the 18 mm bolt holding the lower control arm to the wheel bearing housing anyway.

My H&R has it on the top, and it is much quicker to adjust with the spring and adjuster out, holding it in your hand.

1st Gear

Status
    It seems I may have to do that anyway as the whole thing spins instead of just the adjuster when its in the car.

Is the spring not still under some tension even when the car is jacked up, which would make it difficult to get the lower arm back in place?

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Well, finally got the AP's fitted yesterday and I have to say, I was reluctant to go down the coilover route as I thought the ride would be so much more unconfortable than standard sport suspension but these are brilliant.

They feel miles better, even on rough roads and it definitely feels much more 'planted' when giving it some stick round bends!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds2592 View Post
    Well, finally got the AP's fitted yesterday and I have to say, I was reluctant to go down the coilover route as I thought the ride would be so much more unconfortable than standard sport suspension but these are brilliant.

They feel miles better, even on rough roads and it definitely feels much more 'planted' when giving it some stick round bends!
    They are awesome for the money, we fitted some last night to a Golf Mk4 GTI and it transformed it. It was wallowing all over the place before now it is nice and stiff but no way could it be described as crashy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12