8P3 Advice please

Gtdi

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help with a few questions about my 2009 1.9 TDi-e, which I've had for a few months (loving it by the way :yes:)

Have been on hear for sometime searching for info, but can be a touch confusing as most threads are 8P1/2 related.

I want to get LED strips on the headlights and noticed most 8P3's have them from the factory, but as mines a basic spec, it has DRL bulbs which shine standard yellow.

Question is, can I buy LED strips simply replacing the DRL bulbs? Easy job?

What bulbs are recommended for replacing dipped/night beam lights? Would like a white look from the headlights.

Lastly, I want to change my standard Audi concert double DIN headunit to a single DIN aftermarket, can this be done by simply buying the right facia? I know most people would go single DIN to double

Any links to the LED strips/Bulbs/single DIN would be appreciated

Cheers Sandra, will contact him. Thanks

If you wanted the proper led headlights ten it will be a fairly expensive upgrade, you oils just easily replace ten yellow bulbs with some bright white ones front Trups but to get that lovely OEM look you will be spending a fair bit. Pm me and I will advise more

As for the stereo why don't you just install a nice double din one? The single din stereos make the dash look really ugly. I have a pioneer avh-8440 bt in mine and although it's not a factory looking finish it still looks good

I agree with Ash, there are plenty of competitive priced double DIN aftermarket units that will bring your ICE into the 21st century. The full front end OEM LED conversion is mega money, but there are a few threads on here where people have done aftermarket jobs. Not sure they look better than OEM, but gives you the look without the pocket hurt.

Thanks for your help warren/ash

The main reason why i want a single DIN is because of the units im looking at, either a Alpine 137 or Pioneer 80prs, which are both mid range SQ headunits and give good flexibility. I used to use a jvc double din in my mk5 which had a faceoff. I do want to use either Alpine or Pioneer this time, but i dont think their double Din units have a faceoff feature. Still not decided but will take your advice on board.

For the Drl lights, i thought as i have a 2009 model car, LED lights would be simple to buy and fit? But it sounds like more hassle than its worth. Have had a quote from t8ups which seems great, will probably go down the bulb route.

Last edited:
My double din Pioneer unit has a face off... in fact the whole screen comes off... look it up 8400bt. Its one of the latest units that pioneer have released