Deposit paid

AndyParker

Reaction score
So after a good 8 weeks of daily checking Autotrader/BCA/Manheim/Audi I've finally put down a deposit on a used S3 8P2 and should be picking it up on the 22nd.

Really pleased with the spec;

57 plate Dolphin Grey with 36k on the clock
All important RS4 buckets
MFBSW
Mk1 Nav Plus
Bose
Cruise
Bluetooth
Light/Rain pack

They also agreed to change the cam belt and water pump (Haldex was already done)

Sad to see my Mini JCW go as its a great car but the S3 feels like a step up. Now just got to kill the next 9 days by planning mods - argh

Reactions: RedDejavu
Ha - might be easier to say which mods I haven't considered so far. Main ones I've 'got' to do will be;

- 19"s
- suspension - probably coilies but trying to justify air to myself!
- remap
- tbe
- rs4/rs6 grille
- FAI
- 8p3 rear lights
- forge DV (not a whooshy one)

Going to take a bit more time than had previously intended as i blew most of my budget on the car but If I have any change after that lot then I might get to think about clutch & flywheel, fuel pump, oil catch tank, Mk2 RNSE etc etc etc

How is it that buying the actual car is always just the start of the spending!

Part of me is saying wait to get the remap so that its almost like getting two new cars. I guess it should also be the last thing to be done so that it is married up with the other mods. That's the theory anyway. See how long I can last out!!!

Grey with buckets? Very nice choice.

Also, get it mapped asap... the rest can wait.

Reactions: Brodster
Nice car sounds like exactly the same as my old s3 when I got it back in January, even with same miles, remap is a must have on any TFSI even more the s3, after that and a few mods 6 months down the line I sold it and have mk5 golf gti and now back an a3 s line 170 but now am on the look out for another s3, misses out on one the other day for a steal no wonder it sold within 2 hours of been listed. S3's are awesome good purchase can't wait to get another and it will be my 5th 8P :)

I have to say the worst bit has been holding my nerve waiting for the right car to come along for the last 8 weeks. I almost bottled it last week and almost bought one without the recaros, then almost bought an R32 bought glad I did hold out in the end.

Not sure grey was my first choice (couldn't they have called it shark grey?) but it's really grown on me.

The VAG scene in general is great - I use to be a mod over at seatenthusiats so well use to it.

mod wise I think engine mods first then wheels/suspension in spring once the rubbish weather is done with :)

That is indeed the one although I managed to get them down on the price.

He told me they only took it in PX yesterday - I picked it up on the audi website last night about 6.30pm made a call and then sealed it this morning

Love dolphin grey :o.k: superb just like my own (A3 not S3 lol), good luck on 22nd