AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

CAI on S-tronic S3

Hey Guys,

Ok, so I am thinking about fitting a CAI to my 2012 S3 but I have a question. I have been watching Youtube videos of people demonstrating their intake noises by accelerating hard and then lifting off giving that kinda dump valve / chatter noise. I'm guessing that would happen every time a manual car changed gear under hard acceleration? How about an S-tronic car? What would that sound like during gear changes? The reason I ask is that my old 200sx Turbo was an auto and that sounded like a pigeon which wasn't the sound I was going for haha. I'm concerned that my S3 will too.

The intakes I am interested are Twintake, ITG and VWR CAI. I don't see a lot of talk about the VWR on here, does anyone have one fitted? Do they all give a similar deeper intake noise?

Cheers in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    My Twintake makes Darth Vader noise in the glove box under low/medium acceleration and sometimes chatters during gear changes but thats very rarely + there is a small pop noise i noticed when the revs are about to drop down completley below 1k revs. Do you want me do record a video for you? When you put the foot down then you can hear quite noticeable wooooshhh:D (especially outside the car).
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

1st Gear

Status
    My ITG is not what I'd call quiet, atleast not when accelerating. It makes no noise on constant throttle cruising, but under load it enhances the turbo whistle and also sounds like the borrowers are in my glovebox doing some hoovering. It also enhances that turbo fluttery\chattery noise when coming off the throttle\shifting gear (mine's a manual). To be honest, I find it addictive and far from irritating, but I guess it comes down to personal preference.

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    My Neuspeed has pretty much constant Darth Vader. It's pretty loud, it chatters VERY loudly too.

On/off throttle it whistles and flutters loads too.

And with the 100mm almost 'forced induction' it makes the noises travel to the pavement
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

1st Gear

Status
    Got the EVOMS installed on mine and all I get are varying degrees of tortoise mating noises mixed with the sounds of an asthmatic Darth Vader.

You won't get the flutter on change with S-tronic though. The only way I can force that noise is to half throttle, lift off and tap the throttle again.

Current: 2010 Audi S3 Sportback S-tronic
    Ex: 2007 Audi A3 Sportback - 2.0T DSG
    Ex: 2008 Opel Corsa OPC
    Ex: 2004 Opel Corsa Lite
    Ex: 1978 VW Beetle

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for all your input guys. I think I'm glad that I won't get much flutter noise. I'd ideally like it if passengers don't realise it's not standard. All I'd really like is a slightly deeper induction noise but not like the saxos etc hoofing it away from traffic lights. I'm liking the the references to Darth Vader haha.

RED, if you could post a sound clip or video i'd be forever in your debt!

5th Gear

Status
    no probs will do some either today or tomorrow at ASN where I take my camera with me

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

5th Gear

Status
    got the video now I need to edit it and then post it so should be up soon:].

Now:

5th Gear

Status
    Here you go mate. Sorry didnt have time to edit it so there is lots of unwanted material but you get the idea anyway:P.

Now:

2nd Gear

Status
    Can i ask how you got the speed limit to show up on your sat nav as mine doesnt do that but the sat nav unit is identical?

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

4th Gear

Status
    It's the disc mate, I have 2012 one and noticed it has them on not sure what year disc they 1st came on.
    Current
    2006 56 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI Special Edition Moro Blue

previous
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI 170 S-tronic phantom black
    2006 VW Golf Gti Black
    2008 S3 Dolphin Grey
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Ibis White
    2005 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI S-tronic Brilliant Red

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh ok, i am sure mine is a 2012 but maybe its worth an update as i would love that feature!! Also love the sound of the cai, does it increase the engine sound or just add the "darth vader" sound?

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by loudchris53 View Post
    Oh ok, i am sure mine is a 2012 but maybe its worth an update as i would love that feature!! Also love the sound of the cai, does it increase the engine sound or just add the "darth vader" sound?

Chris
    I only noticed the extra darth vader sound inside the cabin, engine noise remained the same although a lot more wooosh sound when outside the car.

Speed limit is an option somewhere in the sat nav menu as far as I'm aware. Would need to check it for you tomorrow if you want me to.

Now:

Status
    nice video, think thats actually on the quiet side compared to my Darth Vader! (P-Flo intake)

Must be something to do with mine being metal and the ITG being silicone pipes.

Thinking.....you need....Milltek exhaust too

How come your roundabouts symbol close up is so big? i swear mine is way smaller than that on mine...
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    nice video, think thats actually on the quiet side compared to my Darth Vader! (P-Flo intake)

Must be something to do with mine being metal and the ITG being silicone pipes.

Thinking.....you need....Milltek exhaust too

How come your roundabouts symbol close up is so big? i swear mine is way smaller than that on mine...
    Because I'm special

Now:

Status
    speaking of noises etc, i just remembered this guy.... anybody do an Audi version!?

5th Gear

Status
    on a serious note though I thing it might be an option to how the roundabouts are shown. Have had a lot of play with it when I bought the car and pretty sure I changed this settings to adifferent view.

Now:

2nd Gear

Status
    I know the speed limit display is an option on there and i have it ticked but it still shows no speed limits so maybe i do need a new nav disc

Chris

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    speaking of noises etc, i just remembered this guy.... anybody do an Audi version!?

I bet he eats pu... like a boss

Now: