TDI fuel?

Djwoody

Reaction score
I know that Shell have a V-Power diesel and BP have Ultimate diesel.
Does Tesco sell a diesel version of Momentum?

Has anyone used any of these?

I tried the Ultimate last week and the car seems quieter and a bit smoother.

I did a V-Power experiment for three months recently.

Zero increase in performance, MPG and certainly no reduction in noise.

Reactions: andrecc
I've found that my car runs smoother although not quieter on Shell V-Power diesel, but the BP Ulitmate is a lot better all round. Just a shame its so hard to find rouund my way.

I seem to get more miles to a tank on V-Power Diesel (around 40-50).

I put vpower in my 130pd now and again. I find an increase in 50 miles per tank, plus its noticably more responsive. I find shells regular desel to be hit n miss , i fill up at least once a week, and whilst getting a consistant 500ish miles to the tank, sometimes the car feels sluggish.

When I put v-power, only thing I notice is that my car doesn't smoke as much. Nothing else changes.

Always run mine on V Power. Its a few pence a litre more but on the grand scheme of fuel prices its hardly worth moaning at I suppose. I did a run to Cornwall and back from Leicester and averages 59mpg. Wasnt exactly hanging around either. I dont think they would be aloud to sell it if it was no different at all

I shuld have said, when I did my experiement I did proper calculations of MPG based on brim to brim measures, as opposed to looking at the DIS. Apparently I get 53.2 to the gallon, according to the car. In actual fact I get 42.5 to the gallon when you calculate it, so it's very wide of the mark.

Interestingly, when I had my BMW, it's calculation matched my proper calculation almost exactly.

So, anyway, I still say V-Power has no effect on MPG :)

I use v power diesel all the time and I found that mpg increases enough to justify the £2.50 extra it costs to fill (£0.05 x 50 litres)
And it has cleaning additives in so all round winner if you ask me
Haven't used ultimate diesel though be interesting to try

I heard that if you just put redex in standard fuel it has a similar effect and works out a bit cheaper than filling up with v-power ect. Is this just bull?

I've heard that without knowing how much redex is I couldn't comment

IMO the most important factor is the fact that BP Ultimate and V Power seem to create less smoke which can only be good for the DPF life and turbo. But nobody ever considers this.