Needle sweep

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
Hi fourm
still on the look for my replacement car ( Quattro )
but wondered if you can get the car programmed to sweep mph and Rpm dials like on the s + rs3
and how much would it cost about

As far as I know, this is only possible on the S3 from 2008 onwards and in the RS3. All the other models were not compatible. I could be wrong and someone will confirm.

I think there is a thread here somewhere about it mate.

As Danny says the needle sweep is a S/RS feature though someone in portugal has managed to get the newer white clusters to do it with a custom hybrid coding. You would have to take your clock out and send it to him to get it activated which means you won't be able to drive your car until you get the clock back
the thread is here already somewhere in the forum... He shows the needle sweep on a 2.0TDi

Cheers guys I have the newer dis have seen a few videos on YouTube of this on a4s I think that was done with a code through vagcom

Cheers guys I have the newer dis have seen a few videos on YouTube of this on a4s I think that was done with a code through vagcom

On some models it can be done with a simple Vag-com change, but it's not possible on the A3 without installing a cluster from an S3/RS3. The guy in Portugal seems to be rewriting the EEPROM to make it work, far more involved (and risky) than anything you can do with Vag-com.

Yeah, i'd been told only a S/RS cluster will bring the sweep.