Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Audi Paint issues/Autoexpress

My originla bird doo doos post has dissapeared unfortunately so i'm having to start a new thread

I was one of the people mention in the artcicle this month - this came about as I sent an email to the watchdog at autoexpress - they contacted me for extra detail but then replied saying they had spoken to audi and they said this this this and this - not that helpful as its the generally official shpiel audi tell everyone i think. So basically although there is some bad publicity there - it hasn't actually helped me in any way although at least i tried and i didn't just role over like a dog like audi expect most people to do - hence they get away with it. I suspect it would have been looked into deeper had more people complained about the same issue - but as you can see only 3 or 4 people have been in touch.

cheers

steve "they must expect me to keep watch over my car 24 hours a day" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: Audi Paint issues/Autoexpress

Nice try Steve. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

imported_Watson

A slight tangent, but has anyone experienced any rust spots on their paint? I have a couple on the rear wheel arch, which appears to be some kind of fiberglass panel. I assume it is something in the metallic paint...

1st Gear

Status

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]rust [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]fibreglass panel.

imported_Watson

Indeed... that's why it is presumably something in the paint surface. It certainly looks like rust. I suppose I need to take it for a respray, but I was a bit curious if anyone else had a similar problem...