Alarm and no sound

bing

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 2007 (57) a3 sportback 170

A neighbour came and told me my indicators were flashing,
appently the alrm was set off for some reason (never happened before or since)
but there was no sound of a horn

so today i set alarm ans sat in car, i then set the alarm off by moving around/trying to open door.
the alarm went off and there was a beeping inside the car, the indicators were flashing but no external sound at all...
is this normal or does it have a sound /no sound option somewhere?

regards
bing

I've got a similar problem. I have an A3 2.0 TDI 2006 and noticed my alarm going off the other day. There was a siren but it was crackly and weak. Sounds like it is under the scuttle panel under the wind screen. Was going to investigate and repair / replace.

does anyone know if its similar to the 8L design where the battery corrodes and ruins the alarm box?

HI
surely if the battery was to leak all over the pcb....none of the alarm would work?
it is just the sounder I do not have..

You will find its a faulty horn mate. Changed mine on my s3 and now it's fine. 15 quid fix:racer:

You will find its a faulty horn mate. Changed mine on my s3 and now it's fine. 15 quid fix:racer:

I take it you mean the alarm horn rather than the actual car horn...as the car horn works ok.
cheers

Yes the battery leaks all over the alarm and destroys the pcb. The alarm is in the front drivers wheel arch behind the liner in a security box. I replaced mine not that long a go.

This is what mine looked like.

H12 backup alarm horn problem

Before you go to all the trouble of doing this job get the car scanned with vcds

just seen your post. That alarm board is fubard. After the 8L you'd think Audi would make a better solution. Granted batteries don't last forever, I get that, but this, it's just bad freaking design and poor quality.

When you do this job can you just buy the whole thing rather than just the pcb? Plug n play jobs are far more enjoyable ...

I bought a 2nd hand h12 alarm horn from eBay. This is the part no. 1ko 951 605 c I got to replace 1ko 951 605 a hopefully the newer unit has had this issue resolved but I doubt it only time will tell.

Once you get the car scanned with vcds you will find out if it is your h12 backup alarm horn that's at fault or another part of the alarm system that's causing the problem.

not this one this is one job I wouldn't want to do again.

The job it's self is easy but just a major pita.

I've done a search online but can't seem to find any advice on this. I'm assuming it's the security box that is a pain to get into.
Can you give me any headstart as to what to expect?

Found a unit on eBay, apart from has D at the end instead of C ?
Need to buy VCDS or get the car scanned tbh though, missing being able to scan my car :-(

The job is easy just a pita.

Remove front drivers wheel

Remove inner wheel arch liner this was the worst bit trying to maneuver this to remove it. Also while this is out you might want to take out the 5kg of mud and **** that has collected behind it.

Now if you have a look up towards where the indicator is on the inside you will see a steel box that has been riveted on. I didn't remove the rivet I just pulled the box in such a way that the tab at the back of the box that goes into the wheel arch came loose then I just turned the box to give me access to the h12 backup horn which is plug and play.

Check operation before putting the car back together.

Refitting in reverse because I didn't remove the rivet the box takes a bit of manipulation to get back in as tight as it was but it's possible.

There were no special tools required just a lot of self control.