A3 2.0T

allyli

Reaction score
Just spoke to my local stealer.

He told me that he just got news that they are starting to sell -

A3 2.0T in non-quattro and non-dsg format.

Audi are bringing it out to compete with the golf gti which I'm also looking at.

I got a price of around 21k otr for the sport version.

Can anyone tell me what sort of discounts I could possibly get on a 2.0T.

Would 5% be pushing it?

Thanks

Sounds good that the 2.00 TFSI will be available in standard form.

5% discount isn't pushing it at all either, if they won't budge, goto an internet broker, who can discount around 8-9%.

And welcome to the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

10% achievable from a Audi dealer if you screw them into the ground /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take a quote with you from someone like drivethedeal, most will match it in my experience.

I have a trade in as well.
He stated that all dealers will use the bottom trade-in price from glass and work their way down from there.

Surely this is a load of b*ll**ks.

On one of the car programes, maybe with the bald guy that was a car dealer.. a recommendation was focus completely on the price to change. This is in reality the figure that counts.

Whatever they give you for your old car or whatever the new one is, focus completely on the amount to change. No matter how they cut the deal, more for your old one, or less for the new one. Make the price to change as small as possible. Leave the other values to them.

Dont get hung up on a small figure for your old car if the price to change is small, or vice versa the value of the new car, again if the price to change is small.

To avoid the usual price table tennis, after the salesman asked me what I wanted for my old car I said "I dont care. I want the price to change as small as possible. Either discount the new one or give more for mine. Close the gap as tight as possible, its your choice on how you do the numbers".

It does depend on if you want to go with that particular dealer if you are after a certain car though. Also helps if you have a price to change from others to campare with. Shop around.

Worked for me in screwing them down to the ground.

Good luck!

BTW It's officially known in the trade as "Cost to Change"

[ QUOTE ]
BTW It's officially known in the trade as "Cost to Change"

[/ QUOTE ]

True,

If your selling is probably the "price".

If your the one shelling out, its definitely the "cost"...

Ok cheers all.

I'II buy myself a 18 pack straight away and get him to bend over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'II buy myself a 18 pack straight away and get him to bend over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What you choose to do in the privacy of your own home is up to you mate !!! Are you posting on the right forum ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

I thought that you were trying to buy a car...

Rick