WHO HAS REVERSE CAMERAS FITTED?? ANY PICTURES??

Got a cheap £15 camera off eBay from hong kong and used the oem camera holder from the Audi Q7

227fcf5b.jpg

a3cf209a.jpg

From looking at the spec for that camera your better off getting a CCD camera. Picture quality is much better than CMOS.

Ive just got a cheapo maplin camera, but not looking forward to running the wiring through the tailgate and its rubber grommets!

Thanks for posting a reply Ash.
It looks nice mate.
Whts is CCD?
Dont tell me it takes the position of the plate number
lights.
Have you got any night pictures?
do you have any links to where you bought it?

finally got my eBay special fitted yesterday & it was striping all over the place at first, but when I fitted a suppressor to the feed the issue disappeared.

Image Quality is great. It's a shame I can only switch it on by selecting reverse, I'm seriously considering driving everywhere backwards now. :)

IMG 2014

Dont worry you'll enjoy it :D

I'm never doing another one! Its only as im in the middle of fitting new rear speakers and probably an andymac sub, and the car was already half in bits, that i attempted this this afternoon!!

NEVER EVER EVER will i fit another reverse cam on a hatchback!

The trim is supposed to be a light creamy color, now covered in greasy fingermarks, boot trim around the rear window cracked too. I had to cut off the gubbings to get it through the rubber boot, so figure instead of installing the maplin jobby im going to get an ebay special now for the number plate light, make it look proper.

Im wondering tbh why the hell do i need a reverse cam. I figure the only reason im installing it is because the HU has a mahoosive screen and an input for one. Although i do have a tow bar, so who knows, it might be usefull!

finally got my eBay special fitted yesterday & it was striping all over the place at first, but when I fitted a suppressor to the feed the issue disappeared.

Image Quality is great. It's a shame I can only switch it on by selecting reverse, I'm seriously considering driving everywhere backwards now. :)

View attachment 7476
On mine I can Switch the rear camera on from the screen, soo confusing when I'm driving forwards and can see the road lines in the screen

On mine I can Switch the rear camera on from the screen, soo confusing when I'm driving forwards and can see the road lines in the screen
must be nice to check the reg number of the plonka attached to your rear bumper on the motorway too. :)