What Flywheel will i need for my 2.0 TDI DSG?

BigWillyStyle

Reaction score
Hi,

I have read a few topics on problems with the DSG gearbox and i think i may have self diagnosed the problem.

When the gears change down they make a Clattering noise and the car slows pretty harshly, mainly from 2nd to 1st gear.

The car has had all sorts of diagnotic machines (VAG etc..) attached to it and no faults other than a one for my radio come up.

I was just wondering where is the best place to get a Flywheel,What type and are second hand ones out of the question?? Flywheels i have seen are 476 inc VAT!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Second hand ones are always going to be a gamble, you could take out your "knackered" one and put another knackered one back in lol.

I personally would fit new. Places to look are, TPS(though they may not sell to you unless you're in the trade), Euro Car Parts, GSF, Andrew page. Also Euro car parts currently have a 25% off offer on clutch/flywheel/concentric slaves cylinders. I just quickly priced one up and it come out at £328 inc VAT.

There are other places to try such as websites etc but the above are the main 4 I know of/use

Second hand ones are always going to be a gamble, you could take out your "knackered" one and put another knackered one back in lol.

I personally would fit new. Places to look are, TPS(though they may not sell to you unless you're in the trade), Euro Car Parts, GSF, Andrew page. Also Euro car parts currently have a 25% off offer on clutch/flywheel/concentric slaves cylinders. I just quickly priced one up and it come out at £328 inc VAT.

There are other places to try such as websites etc but the above are the main 4 I know of/use

Thanks for that, i'll have a look later on wheni have more time. I'm getting the transmission oil changed on friday too so maybe that may rectify the fault.......if not......flywheel it is :banghead:

Dude...stay well away from a used one....i got mine done on a 2.0 tdi, within 2 weeks the rattling came back! I have also changed the gearbox oil which does not get rid of the rattling...your best bet is to buy a new flywheel with warranty, and have it fitted...where abouts are you?

Dude...stay well away from a used one....i got mine done on a 2.0 tdi, within 2 weeks the rattling came back! I have also changed the gearbox oil which does not get rid of the rattling...your best bet is to buy a new flywheel with warranty, and have it fitted...where abouts are you?

Yeah thats what i would worry about if i bought a second hand one. Im in Darlington mate.

Just an update.

I bought a LUK DMF and got it fitted yesterday and bish bash bosh the problem has been solved!! Thanks for you help and the Youtube Vid that made me realise it was definitely the DMF that was the culprit!

328 Pounds for the DMF (Eurocarparts with 25% off) and 140 for the labour of fitting it!

A lot less than i thought! So glad she is fixed :yahoo: