EM TuningBadger5
    3rd Gear

Status

What Flywheel will i need for my 2.0 TDI DSG?

Hi,

I have read a few topics on problems with the DSG gearbox and i think i may have self diagnosed the problem.

When the gears change down they make a Clattering noise and the car slows pretty harshly, mainly from 2nd to 1st gear.

The car has had all sorts of diagnotic machines (VAG etc..) attached to it and no faults other than a one for my radio come up.

I was just wondering where is the best place to get a Flywheel,What type and are second hand ones out of the question?? Flywheels i have seen are 476 inc VAT!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by BigWillyStyle; 9th October 2012 at 09:22.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Second hand ones are always going to be a gamble, you could take out your "knackered" one and put another knackered one back in lol.

I personally would fit new. Places to look are, TPS(though they may not sell to you unless you're in the trade), Euro Car Parts, GSF, Andrew page. Also Euro car parts currently have a 25% off offer on clutch/flywheel/concentric slaves cylinders. I just quickly priced one up and it come out at £328 inc VAT.

There are other places to try such as websites etc but the above are the main 4 I know of/use
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis583 View Post
    Second hand ones are always going to be a gamble, you could take out your "knackered" one and put another knackered one back in lol.

I personally would fit new. Places to look are, TPS(though they may not sell to you unless you're in the trade), Euro Car Parts, GSF, Andrew page. Also Euro car parts currently have a 25% off offer on clutch/flywheel/concentric slaves cylinders. I just quickly priced one up and it come out at £328 inc VAT.

There are other places to try such as websites etc but the above are the main 4 I know of/use
    Thanks for that, i'll have a look later on wheni have more time. I'm getting the transmission oil changed on friday too so maybe that may rectify the fault.......if not......flywheel it is

Drive it like u stole it

Status
    Dude...stay well away from a used one....i got mine done on a 2.0 tdi, within 2 weeks the rattling came back! I have also changed the gearbox oil which does not get rid of the rattling...your best bet is to buy a new flywheel with warranty, and have it fitted...where abouts are you?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 210_MIH View Post
    Dude...stay well away from a used one....i got mine done on a 2.0 tdi, within 2 weeks the rattling came back! I have also changed the gearbox oil which does not get rid of the rattling...your best bet is to buy a new flywheel with warranty, and have it fitted...where abouts are you?
    Yeah thats what i would worry about if i bought a second hand one. Im in Darlington mate.

3rd Gear

Status
    Just an update.

I bought a LUK DMF and got it fitted yesterday and bish bash bosh the problem has been solved!! Thanks for you help and the Youtube Vid that made me realise it was definitely the DMF that was the culprit!

328 Pounds for the DMF (Eurocarparts with 25% off) and 140 for the labour of fitting it!

A lot less than i thought! So glad she is fixed