Concert and mp3's

marriedblonde

Reaction score

Does anyone know if the concert can play mp3's? Got a load of mixes on my laptop that I keep thinking I will burn to disk for my car but just wanted to know if I was wasting my time?

Cheers,

J.

Nope none of the Audi HU's except the Satnav plus can play MP3's...

You'd think they might have upgraded the HU's by now as most basic portable stereos seem to have mp3 capability now.

My dealer tried to flog me a phat box or something at the time of ordering but it seemed like an expensive and very unportable replacement for an MP3 player....

You'll be able to get a bit of software that can convert your mp3's into an audio CD. iTunes does.

yep but the whole idea of mp3s is so you can fit more tracks on a cd.

It would have been nice to put them all on one CD but I can cope with having them converted int normal music CD's so I can listen to them.

I suppose I should really just put them on my ipod...

Are you guys sure about that?

Alot of the guys in the states have said that their 05 cars now play mp3s, check out the US forums.

Edit: just found the post on fortitude, the guys saying their new cars would play it on the standard head unit both turned out to be burning their mp3s back onto cd in cd format! :rolleyes:

I am secretly hoping that Audi will do a MP3 capable radio/cd in the near future. Something that I simply replaces the concert. I really like the clean look of the factory fitted radios and don't want to mess up my dash with some piece of bling just because it does mp3. I also wouldn't want to lose the DIS integration. ID3 in the DIS would be awesome!

I'm sure Audi can't keep ignoring mp3 forever. If I could have justified the investement I would have gone for the SatNav plus just beacuse it does mp3, but the kind of money they want for it is just plain ridiculous. You could buy 10 tomtom units plus a proper 3rd party MP3/CD unit for that kind of money. On top of that, you don't get the investment back once you trade the car in. It will only make it easier to sell/trade the car, because the next owner is getting your satnav almost for free!

I paid £600 for my RNS-E with the disc all the adapters and a gps antenna off ebay.de.
Takes under 15 mins to fit.
Then sold my Symphony for £100, so £500 all in, not bad really.

You can use a sony mp3 cd changer with an autoleads adapter if you wanted (6cd's of mp3).
About £120 for the changer and £40 for the adapter.