Out of date disc

fangio

Reaction score
I've just fitted a mk2 rns-e and have been playing with it. It has a 2012 disc, but shows petrol stations near me that have been closed for decades! Wtf?
Are Navteq that out of date? :rolleyes:

Or have I got a duff disc?

But rns-e hasn't been out for decades.:confused:

Yeah the nav is pretty poor at times, I keep a tomtom in my glove box, its comes in hand quite a few times.

Fangio, to check on the version of your RNS-E disk, do the following. Take out the disk and put it into a PC or laptop DVD reader. Look at the list of files in the root directory, and you should see a file called 'version.txt'. Double-click on this one, and it should load notepad and read the contents. It shows you which version of the map is on the disk. At least you will know if you have an outdated map or a current one. Good luck.

You want to try living with a 2007 disc :uhm:

Fangio, to check on the version of your RNS-E disk, do the following. Take out the disk and put it into a PC or laptop DVD reader. Look at the list of files in the root directory, and you should see a file called 'version.txt'. Double-click on this one, and it should load notepad and read the contents. It shows you which version of the map is on the disk. At least you will know if you have an outdated map or a current one. Good luck.

Thanks for that.

While was at it, I went into engineering mode and there's a bit about SDS. Does that mean it can be enabled, even though it's a 193 B, i.e. non-sds?

Thanks for that.

While was at it, I went into engineering mode and there's a bit about SDS. Does that mean it can be enabled, even though it's a 193 B, i.e. non-sds?

SDS is a hack with unit rather than through the nav disc I think...

I know the Mk 2 can only have factory sds (C & H models; mine's a B) but here's what it shows:-

SDS PRG version: S2210H06

Data version on flash: D2210H03 (DE-DE)

Data version on disc: D2210H03

Any advice appreciated!:readit:
(Especially NHN!)

Just had a look at my disc version:-

COMMENT=High;
DISC=8P0919884BE;
MAP=BE_EUW

Heeeelp!

(BTW, I got a disc in the parcel and when I tried to put it in the slot, it wouldn't go in. There was a disc already in it, so I now have a spare!!!)

Last edited: