Will the S3 front grill fit an A3 bumper?

rich1

Reaction score
Have a brand new A3 black edition sport back and don't really like the front grill but love the S3 grill.

is it just a straight forward swap?

also looking at some roof bars, how are they fitter?

thanks

Yep, straight swap providing the grille you are looking at is a Facelift 2008-12 version?

Oh..and although it's a straight swap, you will need to remove the front bumper to do the job.

PM me as I can source you the S3 grille you want.

What year is your car? As mentioned above if its a 2008-2012 its a straight swap, if its a 2004-2008 the it will fit but there will be a 1cm gap between the grill & the bumper at the bottom, not really a biggy as it still looks good - see the link (not mine but shows the gap) - http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3423/58891078995321705011521.jpg

No idea about fitting cost but I have a cheap set of roof rails for sale in the classifieds along with an S3 grill too ;)

Last edited:
yep the grill will be a straight fit. i have done this

Are you happy with it?
does it look right with it not being an s3 bumper?

did look right, dumped front end a couple of weeks ago, so the insurance put it back to standard BE. but this is what it looked like, i changed the S3 badge over an S Line..

rings1.jpg

will changed it back to the S3 or try and go for an RS3. oh yeah my rings are white

Thanks for the offer but am looking for a black one only.