EIP Dogbone mounts

richy

Reaction score
Website
www.vagowners.com
the order arrived in the UK today but obviously with me not owning my 3.2 anymore i thought maybe someone else might want them..

westgate performance have them in stock now.. and its taken a LOOONG time to get them in so ring them up and get them off him while you can...

Me first!

Richy, I am your man!!

You have PM, but if you cannot access it, please let me know here.

TIA,

Ben.

I'm ****** p**ed off!

I called Westec, spoke quite a while, made it perfectly clear that I was ordering for an Audi A3 3.2, etc etc, and received a part that is light-years from fitting the A3 3.2.

I have to call them to see what's up. My guess is that no-one makes a stiff tranny mount for our A3 3.2s. When I looked at mine at the garage, with the plastic cladding removed, it looked like the rear part of the dogbone is molded right into the aluminum subframe (a very large piece).

Anyhow, I'm having a chat with Westec tomorrow.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif that sucks - hope you get it sorted soon.

Well, I've been super-busy at work and just didn't want to bother with the whole thing... But today I called Westec and spoke to "Grant": good man, he was quite sorry. He asked me to send the part back, and they would proceed to a full refund, including shipping costs.

The problem is our 8p A3s have a gorgeous aluminum subframe with what appears to be a pressed-in doughnut-shaped bushing. This bushing holds the rear part of the dogbone mount.

Grant said they will look into offering a replacement doughnut bushing...

As soon as I get more info, I'll post it up here.