New Member with a 3.2 and a couple of questions

vacant

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had a bit of a lurk but thought I should probably post some pics. I've got a 2006 3.2V6 DSG which I've had for a few months.

IMG 0427IMG 0423IMG 0425IMG 0330

I'm afraid not much will happen mod-wise as it's a second car so i cant justify throwing too much money at it (aside from tax and fuel!) but I've added the LCR Splitter and Black Grill. The brakes will be replaced shortly then i must stop spending!

My couple of questions are: What badge do I need to fit this? My old S-Line badge is far too big to fit, and the quattro badge I purchased is an older type. Does it need to be an S3 Badge? If so, can I bodge the S-Line bit to the S3 backing as I dont want to pretend it's something it isnt.

IMG 0429

Also, my car has the shark fin rear aerial thing and a phone cradle - but it doesnt seem to have bluetooth or anything like that as far as I can tell. Is the cradle/aerial a remnant of something long since removed?

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you located? Have a look at the faqs threads at top of the page, lots of information to be found. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

The phone holder is a factory fitted option, you need to buy a phone model specific cradle & clip it on to the holder - which will then charge your phone and connect you to the shark fin for better reception.

It may well have Bluetooth, but you have to search for the signal when you first switch the ignition on, as it shuts down pretty sharpish if no phone connects.

Different mount type badges are available for peanuts from e-bay\Amazon.

As above, but don't hold your breath on a compatible cradle as just about the only supported newish phone is the iphone

Nice car by the way, will always have a soft spot for the 3.2!