Hi Guys Am new to this( i want to know more about the s3)

K.A

Reaction score
Hi my name is Kahim and am from Leeds.

Am looking to buy a Audi s3 8P Ibis white with s-tronic. Has anyone had any problems with s-tronic and what are the costs like repairing them when they need changing.

Thank you :D

Hi welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read through the faqs threads at the top of the page. Lots of useful information in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

K.A welcome to the forum if you are still looking for a Ibis S3 s-tronic www.rmc-cars.co.uk on their there is one for sale
I am sure the folks on here will give you all the advice enjoy :)

Please don't buy an s3 in ibis I can't handle anymore photos of new s3's in ibis white 😄

Reactions: andrecc
The mechatronic units can go, which are £1500+ to replace.

BUT, that's few and fair between. They are lovely to drive, just make sure the DSG oil is done every 40k.

Reactions: K.A
I've not heard of an S-Tronic gearbox failing on an S3 - has anyone else? I don't think it was available as an option until 2009, so most S3 S-Tronics will still be covered by the 3-year (transferable) Audi warranty.

Assuming I pass the 3-year mark (next June for mine), I will be either extending the Audi warranty or seeking an alternative for peace of mind.

Reactions: K.A
I've not heard anything in Aus either. All the mechtronics failures are with the 7 speed "dry" gearbox i.e. not the one in the S3

I only do 80 miles a week and on holidays i go to London, Gloucestershire etc other than that its only 80 miles or less. I just commute to uni and back and take my family to where they wana go. i dont think i cant do 40k not after couple of years lol...buh i will do full service every year.