No S3....

I'd of said that was a typo surely... the RS3 has only been out for two minutes!

Apparently a MK2 Astra GTE is better than an RS3......they must be ruuuuubishhh!

I think it's because the RS3 is just the better version of the S3. That's why the S3 is not there. If the RS3 didn't exist, the S3 the would be there.

I think it's because the RS3 is just the better version of the S3. That's why the S3 is not there. If the RS3 didn't exist, the S3 the would be there.

Focus ST and RS are both there.

I love audi's but hot hatches are meant to be in your face styling wise and be really exciting to drive. Plus mainly bought by people in their 20's I assume.

The S3 is understated design wise and, whilst is fast, is more luxurious than exciting. This is why I bought one recently. However of the people who were interviewed for the survey, how many could afford and therefore have tried an S3? Not many so they would not know how good they are.

The Pistonheads forums are fairly anti-S3 and anti-VAG in general - and I know because I was once one of them!

My old Clio Williams would almost certainly top a popularity contest when put up against my S3 (and was no.5 in that Pistonheads Top 50), but there's no doubt in my mind as to which is the "better" car.

That said, it's certainly worth noting that Renaultsports are all over those rankings and I do love the Delta Integrale - salivating over the prospect on an Evo 2.

This guy gets sells number 1 albums
justin-bieber-300_zps6fdbcce7.jpg

This guy was in charge of America
George-W-Bush-Oct11-01-Legacy_zps2b84f9d4.jpg

There is no accounting for other people's taste.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but I certainly rate the Daihatsu Charade GTTI (30th) over my S3.
If only they were sold in Australia and I wouldn't be driving this **** box Audi :)

Eugh french rubbish even reaching top 10 is bed enough let alone there being no S3!!
Renault Clio and PEUGEOT 306... Id rather commute to work in just socks and sandals than be seen driving a PEUGEOT!!!