Been "SCREWED" by local Audi dealer....

MacrosTheBlack

Reaction score
Heheh forgive the thread title, couldn't resist!

Recently changed the plugs and coilpacks myself and noticed that at some point, on one of it's services, the thieving dealers have not screwed down the connection bar for the coil packs. Now I'm sure this isn't likely to move around a lot, but would be nice to get it secured again. Anyone know, or could have a look, to see what size screw I need please?

Pic below with missing screws circled.... Oh and they also broke 2 of the mounts on the engine cover too I noticed, which were poorly glued back in place. Then they wondered why I told them to bog off when it's warranty ran out and they phoned about a service being due.... :keule:

Coil pack bar

** EDIT ** Seems this is normal after several confirmations in the thread. The bars held securely by the connections to the coil packs and the engine cover. Sorry for any confusion guys!

Last edited:
Poor service but have seen much worse from dealers. Count yourself lucky :)

Poor service but have seen much worse from dealers. Count yourself lucky :)

Ha ha! Oh this is just one of many dealer visit let downs uncovered. So no I've not been lucky. During it's 3 year warranty it had.... Replacement powersteering rack. Shock absorber and various bits incorrectly replaced to fix squeaky right turn, then back in as not fixed, other bits replaced on correct side of car. Brake pad change made them cut into the brake pad sensor lead and that kept going off again and again for a year before I got a replacement OEM lead that the highly skilled NHN put in properly for me (man's a star). Errr what else did they do, oh yeah, noisy gearbox in 5th so half that was replaced over a couple of months, and then a new diff too as still noisy after the gearbox was eventually sorted. Oh and new cat was put on when it went in to have the pads changed, smacked of dodgy-ness, why would they check the cat on a replacement brake pad booking!?!

That's top of my head stuff.... so no, don't consider myself lucky at all. Not that I'm bitter!! Well maybe a bit.... lol

Ha ha sorry to hear that mate you have been unlucky. Which dealer was it?

Ha ha sorry to hear that mate you have been unlucky. Which dealer was it?

Not afraid to name and shame. Was the Inchcape Maidstone (Aylesford), Audi Dealer in Kent.

They have this year built a massive new dealership and relocated to Sandling in Maidstone. Not been brave enough to take the car back to them for anything yet to see if the service is now any better. Couldn't of been much worse, well IMHO anyway.

are you sure that there should be screws? i know mine doesn't have them.

I thought they were held by the tiny rubber plug inserts. :uhm:

Ahhh ok, perhaps you're both right and the engine cover has lugs or something to pin it down when that goes on..... Hmmm I will have to pop the cover off when I get a chance and take a look again.

My apologies for a rubbish thread if that's the case!

If I get a minute I'll check on etka for you :)

Mine doesn't have them either and there has never been a thread cut into them. Can't find them in etka either.

Ok just checking etka, cant see a fixing, I remember when I changed some on mates S3 that it didnt have them either, can you see the hole threaded or not?

The plastic with the hole in seemed to be moulded to just sit on top of the pillar as such & not need a fixing.

Thanks Nigel and bmh.01

No there's no threading on the bar itself but thought it maybe threaded in below but seems it must just be secured by the engine cover.

Edited my original post and panic over. Just assumed the dealer had forgotten to screw it down as they pretty good at messing my car up! Let them off this one, heheh.

Thanks everyone for confirming, much appreciated.

I doubt your concerns about them are unwarranted mate lol.