Needing some advice

shariain

Reaction score
Website
www.barshargsd.com
On my way home yesterday there was a noise like I had a flat tyre and a sort of rumble on the steering wheel @70/80 after about 10 mins of driving then as I slowed down and stopped to check for a flat tyre they were fine and at slower speeds there is nothing. Then this morning at about 70/80 again it happened and I had been doing that speed for a good 10 mins.

Any ideas as to what it could be.

On my way home yesterday there was a noise like I had a flat tyre and a sort of rumble on the steering wheel @70/80 after about 10 mins of driving then as I slowed down and stopped to check for a flat tyre they were fine and at slower speeds there is nothing. Then this morning at about 70/80 again it happened and I had been doing that speed for a good 10 mins.

Any ideas as to what it could be.

it could be the balancing of the wheels

it could also be that your tracking is out

could be other things but if it only happens at the same kind of speeds its normally one of the above

you probably need to get your tracking sorted.

Thanks for the comments just going to take it to the garage tomorrow afternoon to get looked at.

I would have thought if it had been the tracking or wheel balance it would have been there as soon as I got to 70/80 but I am getting normal driving with no problems at these speeds then the problem just appears after about 10mins of driving.

Right had the car at the garage. Put it on the ramps and the front passenger drive shaft has a lot of play in it and is crunching badly at the inside when you move it back and forth by hand.

Well that's the car going into get the inner cv joint done £250 supplied and fitted and 2 new Bridgestones on the rear £200 as you can guess I'm popular in my house tonight. Lol