Kerbed alloy :(

OutLore

VOIP Dude
Reaction score
I have had a day from hell.

I am currently the only person in my dept at work, where we actually need 3, and I am getting really stressed out!!!!! So, I work late, come home late, find someone in my parking space. Not normally a problem, I would just park in another space. Today, I was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif.

As I turn around to find another space the doddery old fool comes out and starts to drive away...... So I turn around again, as I do so, I clip a kerb.

I am now SO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif it's not funny. I have NEVER kerbed a wheel in 15 years of driving and through 40+ cars. Never. Until today.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Sounds like a very bad day.

These old guffers shouldn't be on the road.
wheelchair.gif

[ QUOTE ]
So, is it repairable....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's just the very rim, and I was only moving slowly, but it's damaged none the less....

I'm tempted to call the lease company and say someone has nicked one of me wheels and get a new one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Not a bad idea Jnr.

But will that mean having to drive on your spare?

can kerbed alloys be repaired twice?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

I think I'm ready to get the car back to it's usual bling state, no that I seem to be aviding the foxes, etc round my way better these days

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Clean it up and take another pic! Then give Chipsaway a call I'm sure they'll be able to do something with it.

I managed to kerb one of my CH's and whickedwheelsrepaired it with a perfect colour match. I think it cost me about £66 to have it fixed (plus the retail therapy I needed after doing the wheel)

Can a repaired alloy be repaired? It depends on the damage but in most cases yes.

good to hear... it's only a graze on the edge, but I think one spot is the same place as a previous repair... I'm sure they just grind it out and fill again anyway.

If it's not too bad all they do is shave away the damage and blend it in round the rim. They prefer not to fill in kerb marks as they worry when your getting new tyres fitted the filling will pop out!

J.

Ouch! That looks nasty! If it’s any consolation I also kerbed my alloys too. Not as bad as that though, it’s just a minor scratch on the rim and it doesn’t look very nice – I was just as mad as you were. Anyway my friend told me that I can get it repaired for £30 from Audi, not to sure if it’s through an independent company though.

Nice BBS Alloys by the way.

If audi offer to fix them make sure it's not a case of sending the wheel to thier body shop for them to spray it with what ever silver paint they have lieing around...

This has happened to my mates TT wheel 3 times so far after they kerbed a rim when it was in for a service. They offered to fix it for him and literally just sprayed the wheel silver, looks a idfferent colour to the rest and they sprayed over the wheel weights and valve. Fortunately they did remove the wheel from the car and mask of the tyre first though...

That CH pic made me squint...oh the pain.

What a mess.