CD CHANGER Issue

andyam

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just looking for some advice.

I have a chorus single din tape deck in my 8p 56 plate, along with it i have a 6 cd changer in the Glovebox.

I am looking to change it all to an aftermarket stereo, I have all i need for it however I cannot get the CD changer out! As i wanted to remove it and is the hole which is already present to run my ipod and bluetooth module through there so i do not have to drill anymore holes.

I am going to install my Alpine IDA-X305.

I have got release keys which I have used fine to remove the stereo, removing the CD Changer is another thing though, put the keys in, clicks on the left, and releases that, however on the right side it just slides all the way in no click, no release, Ive even removed the glovebox out of the car to get to the back of it to try push it through. No luck.

Any one have this issue before?

I have done a search and not found anything on this problem. If you find a seach on it, my apologies that I am unable to locate the thread.

Thanks for the help in advance! Much appreciated.

Andy

Thanks slice.

had another crack at it last night....seems the mechanism is screwed on the release key side. Shined a torch at the back then grabbed a thin long knife and pushed the locking mechanism.......absolute ball ache though.