Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

M

mjr901

Whats that?? ANOTHER Ibis thread!!

Well,

Started the audi scene off with a 170TDI S-Line 58 plate...completely standard.

7223-170tdi.jpg

Then it was Sprint blue 09 plate S3 time....

This went stage 1 Viezu. (horrific map might i add)

5242-dscf0173.jpg

Then literally maybe a year later, i decided that i needed DSG in my life.

So thought sod it, ill have a new one. 69 miles on the clock, i'm the first owner.

6597-dscf0494.jpg

So with this white one, i wasnt happy with the power.

Shark performance was hot on the scene, so thought i'd give it a bash, good value and overall im happy with it.

So it was stage 2 from the off....this meant...

intake..

5263-img-1778.jpg

Very good, lots of darth vader and it only cost me £134 delivered, cant argue with that.

Also meant Turbo back exhaust milltek exhaust...

7224-milltek.jpg

So stage 2 has kept me going for a while but i wasnt happy with the delivery, something wasnt right so i went to Shark HQ and they remapped which included their 'patch' which fixed problems.

Also noticed Mikko's GTI there too...

7225-shark-hq.jpg

Well after that ball ache trip there i really wanted to paint my front splitter gloss black....

So i sat down, thought to myself, do i really want to start painting this brand new car.....yeah... yeah i do...

so off the splitter came.. just getting it prepared for primer

7226-splitter.jpg

shiny gloss black..

7227-splitter-gloss-black.jpg

Meanwhile i bought some Autotech internals from MartayMcfly on here to go stage 2+...not my picture below, but thats what they look like

autotech-internals.jpg

Then i realised, that i really cant afford it right now, so sold them on and ill wait a bit longer until going the whole hog.

Hopefully things will change moneywise as i start my new job next month... Landrover..;)

So stage 2+ will go forward at some point..

Well during this time, the Mrs and I went walkabouts this year and went round europe, did disney land and luxembourg and belgium, france etc..

Drove faultlessly, turns out the Luxembourgans(?) like S3's too!

5254-lux-s3s.jpg

I really want to go 19" and make the rotors look like this....each to their own remember..

audi-rs3-hatchback-2-5t-fsi-rs3-quattro-5dr-s-tronic-2100943093-640x480.jpg

Im sure ill find more to waffle about.....ill keep this updated :icon_thumright:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: poli84
did you paint splitter your self in the garage? how did it come out? can't see really on those pics..
great s3 btw. guess that the filter without heatshield sucks hot air from the engine on low speeds? or maybe i'm wrong...

Yeah I painted it myself, it actually came out ok. it's important to spray then rub down few times I found.

Its stone chipped a bit now so it's no dead smooth but as I did loads of layers it's still black everywhere.

As for the filter I have a 100mm induction hose feeding from the fog light straight to the intake. So everything is chiiilllly

Forgot to add those pics, will do it tonight :)

looks tidy with the black splitter, think i may wrap mine gloss black, just so it doesn't stone chip.
does yours have the gloss black b-pillars? any chance of some pics of em?

Nice Mike, maybe I should start an Ibis thread too :)

Reactions: S3Alex
This is where lots of air goes in....... :)

Goes up and lives beneath the air filter.

6561-induction.jpg

Looks good Mike....keeping my eyes open for you but I haven't seen you around yet....you're probably travelling too fast..!!..:arco:

Looking very nice,and very clean.

This is where lots of air goes in....... :)

Goes up and lives beneath the air filter.

6561-induction.jpg
was thinking of doing that, but with ic hose in that place i don't think i got too much room for it. maybe i'll give it a try.

I know a few people have done this,and I have nothing against it,but have to say I don't have this on mine.

The ITG I have comes with it's own blocking plates to isolate it from much of the engine bay,but I do think the biggest difference to intake temps on a heavily modified car will be a bigger intercooler,although the biggest benefit will be with a bigger turbo.

Yeah lets do an Ibis White S3 thread and compare. Lets see how many there really is on here.

:3sadwalk: cant have an S3, ****** emissions constraints that work put on me and its my car!
(get it back tomorrow :yahoo:)

great thread mike btw

:3sadwalk: cant have an S3, ****** emissions constraints that work put on me and its my car!
(get it back tomorrow :yahoo:)

great thread mike btw

What! Thats outrageous if it's your own car!

Glad to hear you get yours back tomorrow!

Looks good Mike....keeping my eyes open for you but I haven't seen you around yet....you're probably travelling too fast..!!..:arco:

Yep with speed theres noise! you'll hear me one day. As long as you've got you hearing aids in old chap ;) haha

Not long left working in Malvern, ill be working for Landrover soon! So you'll stand even less chance of spotting me..

looks tidy with the black splitter, think i may wrap mine gloss black, just so it doesn't stone chip.
does yours have the gloss black b-pillars? any chance of some pics of em?

Yeah its got gloss black B pillars mate, thought all black editions had them?

Pop on over to my thread if you want something noisy....

I've gotta be honest Alex....I dont like to go in your thread, makes me sad..... i want 500bhp.... erggghh

Theres a hole in my pocket at the second... :(

JameS4cab's splitter is lovely......

i now want to do this....

splitter.jpg

forgot to mention problems that ive run into...

Milltek.....it didnt behave, i had to have it welded...

heres the leak i spotted...

5201-img-2121.jpg

and heres the crack.....

7241-cracked-milly.jpg

Didnt get a picture of the re weld but you can imagine what it looks like im sure.

they do give me a couple £££'s a month to be fair... :blush:

Same at our place but the whole point in opting out is so you can drive what you want!! I suppose its just ethical subsidy :(

forgot to mention problems that ive run into...

Milltek.....it didnt behave, i had to have it welded...

heres the leak i spotted...

5201-img-2121.jpg

and heres the crack.....

7241-cracked-milly.jpg

Didnt get a picture of the re weld but you can imagine what it looks like im sure.

Interesting that, when i was enquiring about a miltek, a local independent told me that it didn't come with a bracket near the rear of the engine bay, is that the case?

Interesting that, when i was enquiring about a miltek, a local independent told me that it didn't come with a bracket near the rear of the engine bay, is that the case?

Yeah i was told that, and infact mine doesnt have that said bracket.

I was told it was 'extra' haha but not strictly necessary.....

Seems to be all good now though.

Perhaps a simple thing would be to take the bracket off the original exhaust and weld it onto the Milltek as the brackets are the same design i believe.

I'd say Blueflame it up if i were you, think they do 3" systems and the Millteks are only 2.75"? not 100% on that though.

This Milltek was good for me as it was £500. which for a mint one, i think was a fair deal.

Or supersprint...but thats after you've pinched a few $$$ from the local bank..

Not 100%, but i think the Milltek may have cracked again.

Seems a bit noisier from that area on cold start up that normal.

Thanks Milltek.

Think its time for a straight pipe(decat) from turbo down to rest of the Milltek.

Custom make? Powerflow?

Budget....as usual about £10? ;)

Recommendations please...

Picture from last time

7241-cracked-milly.jpg

This is what is putting me off the milltek down pipe! My car already has a milltek cat back so I need to find a good down pipe to mate up to the milltek. Can't believe a company like milltek has let quality slip like this.

This is what is putting me off the milltek down pipe! My car already has a milltek cat back so I need to find a good down pipe to mate up to the milltek. Can't believe a company like milltek has let quality slip like this.

Makes me want to know how to weld and do pipe work and all that.

I mean how hard can it be to produce something decent!?!?! :whistle2:

Not 100%, but i think the Milltek may have cracked again.

Seems a bit noisier from that area on cold start up that normal.

Thanks Milltek.

Think its time for a straight pipe(decat) from turbo down to rest of the Milltek.

Custom make? Powerflow?

Budget....as usual about £10? ;)

Recommendations please...

Picture from last time

7241-cracked-milly.jpg
great quality.
get to a decent exhaust place tell them to make you exact the same downpipe without cat and and with better welds.

that's ok mate :D
i know a set of kw coilovers for sale hahaha :D

Centre section on my Resonated Milltek TBE has failed.
New one coming tomorrow thankfully. Sounds rubbish ATM.

OK! Here are the Forge bits!

None of the pictures/videos were taken by me as i wasn't there..... In no particular order.....

[IMG[/IMG

Click on picture above to show video. Turbo glows orange.

Click on the picture above to show video ^

Another video above that shows orange glow! ^^

Wish i could afford/get insured on an S3 :ermm: Nice to see another JLR guy on here though!

Yup I spend my days trawling through Microcat finding parts for Landrovers...Brilliant..... Audi's are better though! :)

Yeah they're much better! :) I'm an apprentice in Prototype Ops at Whitley. The novelty of a Range Rover wears off when you have to go to a workshop that is full of them most days!