Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status

Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

Whats that?? ANOTHER Ibis thread!!

Well,

Started the audi scene off with a 170TDI S-Line 58 plate...completely standard.

Then it was Sprint blue 09 plate S3 time....

This went stage 1 Viezu. (horrific map might i add)

Then literally maybe a year later, i decided that i needed DSG in my life.

So thought sod it, ill have a new one. 69 miles on the clock, i'm the first owner.

So with this white one, i wasnt happy with the power.

Shark performance was hot on the scene, so thought i'd give it a bash, good value and overall im happy with it.

So it was stage 2 from the off....this meant...

intake..

Very good, lots of darth vader and it only cost me £134 delivered, cant argue with that.

Also meant Turbo back exhaust milltek exhaust...

So stage 2 has kept me going for a while but i wasnt happy with the delivery, something wasnt right so i went to Shark HQ and they remapped which included their 'patch' which fixed problems.

Also noticed Mikko's GTI there too...

Well after that ball ache trip there i really wanted to paint my front splitter gloss black....

So i sat down, thought to myself, do i really want to start painting this brand new car.....yeah... yeah i do...

so off the splitter came.. just getting it prepared for primer

shiny gloss black..

Meanwhile i bought some Autotech internals from MartayMcfly on here to go stage 2+...not my picture below, but thats what they look like

Then i realised, that i really cant afford it right now, so sold them on and ill wait a bit longer until going the whole hog.

Hopefully things will change moneywise as i start my new job next month... Landrover..

So stage 2+ will go forward at some point..

Well during this time, the Mrs and I went walkabouts this year and went round europe, did disney land and luxembourg and belgium, france etc..

Drove faultlessly, turns out the Luxembourgans(?) like S3's too!

I really want to go 19" and make the rotors look like this....each to their own remember..

Im sure ill find more to waffle about.....ill keep this updated
    Last edited by mjr901; 2nd October 2012 at 13:39.
    poli84 likes this.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

2. # ADS
    ADS

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    did you paint splitter your self in the garage? how did it come out? can't see really on those pics..
    great s3 btw. guess that the filter without heatshield sucks hot air from the engine on low speeds? or maybe i'm wrong...
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Status
    Yeah I painted it myself, it actually came out ok. it's important to spray then rub down few times I found.

Its stone chipped a bit now so it's no dead smooth but as I did loads of layers it's still black everywhere.

As for the filter I have a 100mm induction hose feeding from the fog light straight to the intake. So everything is chiiilllly

Forgot to add those pics, will do it tonight
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

1st Gear

Status

Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

looks tidy with the black splitter, think i may wrap mine gloss black, just so it doesn't stone chip.
    does yours have the gloss black b-pillars? any chance of some pics of em?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Glad ur still enjoying her fella..

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

4th Gear

Status

Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

Nice Mike, maybe I should start an Ibis thread too
    S3Alex likes this.
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Yeah lets do an Ibis White S3 thread and compare. Lets see how many there really is on here.
    S3Alex, RYes3 and Skippy-S3 like this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Yeah lets do an Ibis White S3 thread and compare. Lets see how many there really is on here.
    s3alex wins :D
    S3Alex likes this.

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

Status
    This is where lots of air goes in.......

Goes up and lives beneath the air filter.

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks good Mike....keeping my eyes open for you but I haven't seen you around yet....you're probably travelling too fast..!!..

Rarely neutral

Status
    Looking very nice,and very clean.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    This is where lots of air goes in.......

Goes up and lives beneath the air filter.

was thinking of doing that, but with ic hose in that place i don't think i got too much room for it. maybe i'll give it a try.

Rarely neutral

Status
    I know a few people have done this,and I have nothing against it,but have to say I don't have this on mine.

The ITG I have comes with it's own blocking plates to isolate it from much of the engine bay,but I do think the biggest difference to intake temps on a heavily modified car will be a bigger intercooler,although the biggest benefit will be with a bigger turbo.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    cant have an S3, bloody emissions constraints that work put on me and its my car!
    (get it back tomorrow )

great thread mike btw

4th Gear

Status

Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    cant have an S3, bloody emissions constraints that work put on me and its my car!
    (get it back tomorrow )

great thread mike btw
    What! Thats outrageous if it's your own car!

Glad to hear you get yours back tomorrow!
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Looks good Mike....keeping my eyes open for you but I haven't seen you around yet....you're probably travelling too fast..!!..
    Yep with speed theres noise! you'll hear me one day. As long as you've got you hearing aids in old chap haha

Not long left working in Malvern, ill be working for Landrover soon! So you'll stand even less chance of spotting me..

Status
    (get it back tomorrow )

great thread mike btw
    Cheers buddy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Looking very nice,and very clean.
    Makes me sad when its dirty

Even more so now i know dirt collects behind the fog surrounds..... even more to clean....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by K13 ASJ View Post
    looks tidy with the black splitter, think i may wrap mine gloss black, just so it doesn't stone chip.
    does yours have the gloss black b-pillars? any chance of some pics of em?
    Yeah its got gloss black B pillars mate, thought all black editions had them?

Rarely neutral

Status
    Yep with speed theres noise! you'll hear me one day. ..
    Pop on over to my thread if you want something noisy....

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes3 View Post
    What! Thats outrageous if it's your own car!
    they do give me a couple £££'s a month to be fair...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Pop on over to my thread if you want something noisy....
    I've gotta be honest Alex....I dont like to go in your thread, makes me sad..... i want 500bhp.... erggghh

Theres a hole in my pocket at the second...

Status
    JameS4cab's splitter is lovely......

i now want to do this....

Status
    forgot to mention problems that ive run into...

Milltek.....it didnt behave, i had to have it welded...

heres the leak i spotted...

and heres the crack.....

Didnt get a picture of the re weld but you can imagine what it looks like im sure.

4th Gear

Status

Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

they do give me a couple £££'s a month to be fair...
    Same at our place but the whole point in opting out is so you can drive what you want!! I suppose its just ethical subsidy

4th Gear

Status

Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

forgot to mention problems that ive run into...

Milltek.....it didnt behave, i had to have it welded...

heres the leak i spotted...

and heres the crack.....

Didnt get a picture of the re weld but you can imagine what it looks like im sure.
    Interesting that, when i was enquiring about a miltek, a local independent told me that it didn't come with a bracket near the rear of the engine bay, is that the case?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes3 View Post
    Interesting that, when i was enquiring about a miltek, a local independent told me that it didn't come with a bracket near the rear of the engine bay, is that the case?
    Yeah i was told that, and infact mine doesnt have that said bracket.

I was told it was 'extra' haha but not strictly necessary.....

Seems to be all good now though.

Perhaps a simple thing would be to take the bracket off the original exhaust and weld it onto the Milltek as the brackets are the same design i believe.

I'd say Blueflame it up if i were you, think they do 3" systems and the Millteks are only 2.75"? not 100% on that though.

This Milltek was good for me as it was £500. which for a mint one, i think was a fair deal.

Or supersprint...but thats after you've pinched a few $$$ from the local bank..

Status
    Not 100%, but i think the Milltek may have cracked again.

Seems a bit noisier from that area on cold start up that normal.

Thanks Milltek.

Think its time for a straight pipe(decat) from turbo down to rest of the Milltek.

Custom make? Powerflow?

Budget....as usual about £10?

Recommendations please...

Picture from last time

Neutral

Status
    This is what is putting me off the milltek down pipe! My car already has a milltek cat back so I need to find a good down pipe to mate up to the milltek. Can't believe a company like milltek has let quality slip like this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AdriansS3 View Post
    This is what is putting me off the milltek down pipe! My car already has a milltek cat back so I need to find a good down pipe to mate up to the milltek. Can't believe a company like milltek has let quality slip like this.
    Makes me want to know how to weld and do pipe work and all that.

I mean how hard can it be to produce something decent!?!?!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Not 100%, but i think the Milltek may have cracked again.

Seems a bit noisier from that area on cold start up that normal.

Thanks Milltek.

Think its time for a straight pipe(decat) from turbo down to rest of the Milltek.

Custom make? Powerflow?

Budget....as usual about £10?

Recommendations please...

Picture from last time

great quality.
    get to a decent exhaust place tell them to make you exact the same downpipe without cat and and with better welds.

Status
    Planning on it!

But I'm always on a budget!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    that's ok mate :D
    i know a set of kw coilovers for sale hahaha :D

S3 (8P)

Status
    Centre section on my Resonated Milltek TBE has failed.
    New one coming tomorrow thankfully. Sounds rubbish ATM.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

Status
    OK! Here are the Forge bits!

None of the pictures/videos were taken by me as i wasn't there..... In no particular order.....[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by mjr901; 31st May 2013 at 22:15.

Status
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG[/IMG

Click on picture above to show video. Turbo glows orange.

[IMG][/IMG]

Click on the picture above to show video ^

[IMG][/IMG]

Another video above that shows orange glow! ^^
    Last edited by mjr901; 31st May 2013 at 22:54.

Status
    [IMG][/IMG]

Reverse Gear

Status
    Wish i could afford/get insured on an S3 Nice to see another JLR guy on here though!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CrumblierPigeon View Post
    Wish i could afford/get insured on an S3 Nice to see another JLR guy on here though!
    Yup I spend my days trawling through Microcat finding parts for Landrovers...Brilliant..... Audi's are better though!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yup I spend my days trawling through Microcat finding parts for Landrovers...Brilliant..... Audi's are better though!
    Yeah they're much better! I'm an apprentice in Prototype Ops at Whitley. The novelty of a Range Rover wears off when you have to go to a workshop that is full of them most days!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast