Blowing cold air on passenger

Ironborn

English...not so good
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I seem to be getting cold air blowing on the passenger side footwell. I notice it most when I set the temperature to HIGH. Everywhere else is fine. What could it be? I can't even disable footwell blower by deselecting the down arrow, it just keeps blowing.

Cheers

Snipe, check the pollen filter. On my car (LHD) it has in the past become free from its locking tabs and dropped down. This would allow air to escape. Easy to put back, or to change it if dirty. Try it anyway. Good luck.

If you have climate then you have a problem that I had last winter. The HVAC switch/sensor for passenger side has packed up. You need to run vcds and it will show you which switch/sensor is faulty. Mine cost me £107.00 from the stealers and took me about 2 hrs to fit. Lot less than the £700.00 I was quoted from them.

Snipe, check the pollen filter. On my car (LHD) it has in the past become free from its locking tabs and dropped down. This would allow air to escape. Easy to put back, or to change it if dirty. Try it anyway. Good luck.

Yeah mine is hanging down, when I push it back up it just falls again, I think it's missing the locking tabs. What do they look like.

If you have climate then you have a problem that I had last winter. The HVAC switch/sensor for passenger side has packed up. You need to run vcds and it will show you which switch/sensor is faulty. Mine cost me £107.00 from the stealers and took me about 2 hrs to fit. Lot less than the £700.00 I was quoted from them.

700 Jesus money well saved. I've also noticed when the air recirculation button is on, the air being blown is not quite as cold, but still cooler than the others.

Snipe, the pollen filter has a series of oblong slots in the filter base-plate. These fit into a series of hooks on the fixed housing. So, one pushes the pollen filter upwards, with the hooks passing through the holes, then push it sideways to lock it into place. When in place it seals the air from escaping and forces it to pass through the filter. Hope this is clear. Look carefully at the arrangement and it will seem logical. Suggest you fix this one before investigating switches and sensors. Good luck.

Snipe, the pollen filter has a series of oblong slots in the filter base-plate. These fit into a series of hooks on the fixed housing. So, one pushes the pollen filter upwards, with the hooks passing through the holes, then push it sideways to lock it into place. When in place it seals the air from escaping and forces it to pass through the filter. Hope this is clear. Look carefully at the arrangement and it will seem logical. Suggest you fix this one before investigating switches and sensors. Good luck.

Cheers mate will give it a try.

I found it hanging like this:
SDC18361.jpg

Looks like I need a new one, a few of the tabs are broken.
SDC18363.jpg

Is that the part number?
SDC18362.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out how it clips in? Are I missing something?
SDC18370.jpg

SDC18365.jpg

This is the best I can do... But I can feel air coming through the side.

SDC18377.jpg

Snipe, problem solved.... You are missing the bottom filter cover which snaps into place to stop the filter falling down. If you look at this video on you-tube, it will show this cover in action. It is a black piece of plastic with hooks to secure the filter. Looks like someone has not replaced the cover the last time the filter was changed. Video: Cabin air filter replacement- Volkswagen Passat - YouTube I guess a new cover from Audi would not cost very much. While you are working on this, why not replace the filter with a new one? Good luck.

Thank you so much for the info, much appreciated. Now I need to hunt for the part numbers.

Cheers :icon_thumright:

Sorry to be a pain but I am having the exact problem with my Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport 57 reg. Does anyone know the part number?