Volks AutosEM Tuning
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By murran
  • 1 Post By Boon
  • 1 Post By rOb_A

Thread: Help Needed!! How Do i Remove the Aluminium Roof Trim on my Sportback 2005

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45

    Exclamation Help Needed!! How Do i Remove the Aluminium Roof Trim on my Sportback 2005

    can anyone tell me how i can remove this trim ion the picture??

    any special tools required

    Audi_A3_Sportback_2.0_TDI_Facelift_rear.jpg

    any help would be really appreciated

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    the Aluminium roof trim

  4. #3
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cambs
    Posts
    471
    As far as I know you need to drop the headlining and there are either 4 or 6 bolts holding them on.

    Why do you want to remove them out of interest?

    Im sure they are put in from factory only

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    i dont like them they make the car look like a estate, thanks for your help...

    hoe do i remove the headlining?

  6. #5
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,540

    Wink

    its supposed to have them, its a "sportback". buy a different car?
    VAUXHALL VECTRA 2.0 DTI ELEGANCE**LONG MOT/**ONLY £1995*** | eBay

    ^^^^ there you go!! no silly, rediculous or annoying roof furniture there. off you pop!

    alternativley if you jack the car up and support on an axle stand.... lay underneath the car and repeatedly kick the axle stand until the roof furniture are no longer your problem.
    RallyX likes this.

  7. #6
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by murran View Post
    its supposed to have them, its a "sportback". buy a different car?
    VAUXHALL VECTRA 2.0 DTI ELEGANCE**LONG MOT/**ONLY £1995*** | eBay

    ^^^^ there you go!! no silly, rediculous or annoying roof furniture there. off you pop!

    alternativley if you jack the car up and support on an axle stand.... lay underneath the car and repeatedly kick the axle stand until the roof furniture are no longer your problem.
    is that your shed for sale you dumb idiot!

  8. #7
    Boon's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    South East Kent
    Posts
    352
    They are bolted from the inside so as said remove the headlining un bolt them, fill the holes with silicone, and you can post the rails to me, I'll pay the postage
    OVRA3 likes this.

  9. #8
    Simonbt's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon View Post
    They are bolted from the inside so as said remove the headlining un bolt them, fill the holes with silicone, and you can post the rails to me, I'll pay the postage
    I was just about to say exactly the same thing! I really want them on my Sportback - I think they make the car look much better!

  10. #9
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    754

    Help Needed!! How Do i Remove the Aluminium Roof Trim on my Sportback 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by murran View Post
    its supposed to have them, its a "sportback". buy a different car?
    VAUXHALL VECTRA 2.0 DTI ELEGANCE**LONG MOT/**ONLY £1995*** | eBay

    ^^^^ there you go!! no silly, rediculous or annoying roof furniture there. off you pop!

    alternativley if you jack the car up and support on an axle stand.... lay underneath the car and repeatedly kick the axle stand until the roof furniture are no longer your problem.
    Sounds like ur roof rails are stuck up somewhere they shouldnt be... Poor guy
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

  11. #10
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    Sounds like ur roof rails are stuck up somewhere they shouldnt be... Poor guy
    hahahaha

  12. #11
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    look for or pm Amar06fb, he is the guru of the A3 sportback roof.
    as per others, yep you will need to remove the headlining to get at the 6 retaining bolts. unless you know what you are doing, this can be tricky. Amar and I swapped roof rails when I had a my sportback, i would not have a clue but he knows his stuff. Plus you will then need to have the bolt holes filled and the the roof painted.
    Originally my sportback was black with aluminium roof rails, black on black so much better imo.


    gujar likes this.

  13. #12
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by rOb_A View Post
    look for or pm Amar06fb, he is the guru of the A3 sportback roof.
    as per others, yep you will need to remove the headlining to get at the 6 retaining bolts. unless you know what you are doing, this can be tricky. Amar and I swapped roof rails when I had a my sportback, i would not have a clue but he knows his stuff. Plus you will then need to have the bolt holes filled and the the roof painted.
    Originally my sportback was black with aluminium roof rails, black on black so much better imo.



    seems like alot of work i think ill just leave them on or might them done black like you have. thanks for your info mate

  14. #13
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    no problem, the above car has now been sold on but i did like the black on black look over the aluminium.

  15. #14
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by gujar View Post
    i dont like them they make the car look like a estate, ...
    well it is sort of a mini-estate car, as opposed to a saloon or hatchback ...Like a BMW 3 series Touring.
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    well it is sort of a mini-estate car, as opposed to a saloon or hatchback ...Like a BMW 3 series Touring.
    Yeah true

    what you driving now rob?

  17. #16
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    754

    Help Needed!! How Do i Remove the Aluminium Roof Trim on my Sportback 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    well it is sort of a mini-estate car, as opposed to a saloon or hatchback ...Like a BMW 3 series Touring.
    Not all of em came with roof rails though. And not all estates come with roof rails either. I too wanted to take mine off but they grew on me after a while. Can't knock him for wanting to take em off like that other douchebag up there did. Im sure many sportback owners have felt the same
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

  18. #17
    rOb_A's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,485
    nissan juke

    its a courtesy car, as i dumped my new A3 ibis BE, a few days ago.
    you dont realise what you have till it gone (well temporary)
    cant wait to get in back

  19. #18
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by murran View Post
    its supposed to have them, its a "sportback". buy a different car?
    Lots of people take off things from their cars that are, "supposed" to be there! Doesnt really require quite such a response does it?

  20. #19
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhu88 View Post
    Not all of em came with roof rails though. And not all estates come with roof rails either. I too wanted to take mine off but they grew on me after a while. Can't knock him for wanting to take em off like that other douchebag up there did. Im sure many sportback owners have felt the same
    I wasn't arguing his decision - it's his choice! just pointing out that it is an estate car ...albeit a short one.
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  21. #20
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    754

    Help Needed!! How Do i Remove the Aluminium Roof Trim on my Sportback 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    I wasn't arguing his decision - it's his choice! just pointing out that it is an estate car ...albeit a short one.
    I hope tht didnt come across in a bad way was just making a point. No offence to u or what uve said matey
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

  22. #21
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,637
    no not at all & I'm glad that's cleared up.

    BTW, I don't have roof rails on mine either - but I wouldn't mind a set! I think they complete the look of the car. without them... well let's just say it's a bit like having a Mohican without the Mo.
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

  23. #22
    max69vk's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kingston upon Thames
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    no not at all & I'm glad that's cleared up.

    BTW, I don't have roof rails on mine either - but I wouldn't mind a set! I think they complete the look of the car. without them... well let's just say it's a bit like having a Mohican without the Mo.
    Well I've got a set in black available if you're looking for a mohican
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted!
    Bits for sale...
    Genuine S-line 18" alloys, A3 Sportback rear lights. A3 5dr window switches & mirror switch. , Brand new PD170 engine cover. PM for details.

  24. #23
    Ash187's Avatar
    Audi Retrofitter

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent
    Posts
    6,289

    My Social Networking

    Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    ooo how much for the black one?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

    MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

    Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread


  25. #24
    Artimus's Avatar
    Short Back

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by max69vk View Post
    Well I've got a set in black available if you're looking for a mohican
    Thanks for the offer

    But I'd need an Ally set, and now's too soon after fitting a sat nav HU, it's not a burning desire right now anyway.

    Ash187 may well PM you about them by the looks of it. lol
    ................................................
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. how do you remove the interior panel from avant tailgate ,help
    By lee red in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18th March 2011, 10:17
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th November 2010, 18:15
  3. How do I remove the A pillar trim?
    By Westy in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27th August 2010, 09:05
  4. How do you remove the lower skirt trim?
    By Markb in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th November 2004, 19:50
  5. how do i remove the network logo...
    By ooooaudi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th May 2003, 14:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO