Help Needed!! How Do i Remove the Aluminium Roof Trim on my Sportback 2005

G

gujar

can anyone tell me how i can remove this trim ion the picture??

any special tools required

Audi A3 Sportback 20 TDI Facelift rear

any help would be really appreciated

As far as I know you need to drop the headlining and there are either 4 or 6 bolts holding them on.

Why do you want to remove them out of interest?

Im sure they are put in from factory only

i dont like them they make the car look like a estate, thanks for your help...

hoe do i remove the headlining?

its supposed to have them, its a "sportback". buy a different car?
VAUXHALL VECTRA 2.0 DTI ELEGANCE**LONG MOT/**ONLY £1995*** | eBay

^^^^ there you go!! no silly, rediculous or annoying roof furniture there. off you pop!

alternativley if you jack the car up and support on an axle stand.... lay underneath the car and repeatedly kick the axle stand until the roof furniture are no longer your problem.

Reactions: RallyX

^^^^ there you go!! no silly, rediculous or annoying roof furniture there. off you pop!

alternativley if you jack the car up and support on an axle stand.... lay underneath the car and repeatedly kick the axle stand until the roof furniture are no longer your problem.

is that your shed for sale you dumb idiot!

They are bolted from the inside so as said remove the headlining un bolt them, fill the holes with silicone, and you can post the rails to me, I'll pay the postage ;)

Reactions: OVRA3
They are bolted from the inside so as said remove the headlining un bolt them, fill the holes with silicone, and you can post the rails to me, I'll pay the postage ;)

I was just about to say exactly the same thing! I really want them on my Sportback - I think they make the car look much better!

Sounds like ur roof rails are stuck up somewhere they shouldnt be... Poor guy

look for or pm Amar06fb, he is the guru of the A3 sportback roof.
as per others, yep you will need to remove the headlining to get at the 6 retaining bolts. unless you know what you are doing, this can be tricky. Amar and I swapped roof rails when I had a my sportback, i would not have a clue but he knows his stuff. Plus you will then need to have the bolt holes filled and the the roof painted.
Originally my sportback was black with aluminium roof rails, black on black so much better imo.

IMG_0419.jpg

Reactions: gujar
look for or pm Amar06fb, he is the guru of the A3 sportback roof.
as per others, yep you will need to remove the headlining to get at the 6 retaining bolts. unless you know what you are doing, this can be tricky. Amar and I swapped roof rails when I had a my sportback, i would not have a clue but he knows his stuff. Plus you will then need to have the bolt holes filled and the the roof painted.
Originally my sportback was black with aluminium roof rails, black on black so much better imo.

IMG_0419.jpg

seems like alot of work i think ill just leave them on or might them done black like you have. thanks for your info mate

no problem, the above car has now been sold on but i did like the black on black look over the aluminium.

well it is sort of a mini-estate car, as opposed to a saloon or hatchback ...Like a BMW 3 series Touring. :)

Not all of em came with roof rails though. And not all estates come with roof rails either. I too wanted to take mine off but they grew on me after a while. Can't knock him for wanting to take em off like that other douchebag up there did. Im sure many sportback owners have felt the same

nissan juke :laugh:

its a courtesy car, as i dumped my new A3 ibis BE, a few days ago.
you dont realise what you have till it gone (well temporary)
cant wait to get in back :kissmyrings:

Lots of people take off things from their cars that are, "supposed" to be there! Doesnt really require quite such a response does it?

Not all of em came with roof rails though. And not all estates come with roof rails either. I too wanted to take mine off but they grew on me after a while. Can't knock him for wanting to take em off like that other douchebag up there did. Im sure many sportback owners have felt the same
I wasn't arguing his decision - it's his choice! just pointing out that it is an estate car ...albeit a short one.

I wasn't arguing his decision - it's his choice! just pointing out that it is an estate car ...albeit a short one.

I hope tht didnt come across in a bad way was just making a point. No offence to u or what uve said matey

no not at all & I'm glad that's cleared up. :salute:

BTW, I don't have roof rails on mine either - but I wouldn't mind a set! I think they complete the look of the car. without them... well let's just say it's a bit like having a Mohican without the Mo. :laugh:

no not at all & I'm glad that's cleared up. :salute:

BTW, I don't have roof rails on mine either - but I wouldn't mind a set! I think they complete the look of the car. without them... well let's just say it's a bit like having a Mohican without the Mo. :laugh:

Well I've got a set in black available if you're looking for a mohican :icon_thumright:

Well I've got a set in black available if you're looking for a mohican :icon_thumright:
Thanks for the offer :icon_thumright:

But I'd need an Ally set, and now's too soon after fitting a sat nav HU, it's not a burning desire right now anyway.

Ash187 may well PM you about them by the looks of it. lol