Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    389

    Dewiper - boot liner help?

    I'm sure I'm being a muppet, but again, searched and found nothing..

    I want to Dewiper my motor, I have a 25mm bung sat in my passenger side. I had a crack at it yesterday, removed the two obvious torques and gave the boot liner a yank, but nothing?

    Is it held on with clips or is there something else securing it?

    I don't want to go breaking anything, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    dex140's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    190
    I cant recall where the torx are exactly but the trim itself is held on by some very strong clips!

  4. #3
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    389
    So it's simply a case of removing the 2 torx and giving it a good yank?

  5. #4
    Dsport's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Yorks
    Posts
    140
    Remove the 2 x torx put a flat screw driver under the bottom of the panel at the left hand side and pop them out one by one
    there is 4 clips on the bottom and 4 on the top it will get easier as you go along
    2.0 A3 work in progress

  6. #5
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lichfield
    Posts
    389
    I managed to undo 4 clips in total and got no further, I physically cannot see how it is possible..

  7. #6
    radhaz's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    28
    Once the side clips are off, reach in and pop the interior clips. At least that's what ELSA says.

  8. #7
    Dsport's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Yorks
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHatton View Post
    I managed to undo 4 clips in total and got no further, I physically cannot see how it is possible..
    Have you had your wheatabix they will come just pull harder
    2.0 A3 work in progress

  9. #8
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,126
    Dont use a screwdriver as it will damage the paintwork & any condensation or possible leaks will start to rust, use a piece of wood or get the trim plastic tools to make some room in there, but yes give it a good tug downwards, best to get someone to hold the bootlid upwards, whilst you use both hands to grab the trim & pull downwards.

    Use some angled pliers to remove the clips stuck in bootlid, make sure you re-tension the spring slips so they stay tight in the plastic trim when refitting, test all bootlid electrics whilst its of before refitting trim & most of all, have patients & take your time to line up all correctly.

    You may also need a wiper puller as they get stuck with scale & grime.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  10. #9
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Dont use a screwdriver as it will damage the paintwork & any condensation or possible leaks will start to rust, use a piece of wood or get the trim plastic tools to make some room in there, but yes give it a good tug downwards, best to get someone to hold the bootlid upwards, whilst you use both hands to grab the trim & pull downwards.

    Use some angled pliers to remove the clips stuck in bootlid, make sure you re-tension the spring slips so they stay tight in the plastic trim when refitting, test all bootlid electrics whilst its of before refitting trim & most of all, have patients & take your time to line up all correctly.

    You may also need a wiper puller as they get stuck with scale & grime.
    And most of all listen to this man as he's a ninja

    As Nigel said the wiper might not budge even after threatening with bad language, hitting with a hammer, using WD40 and spraying it with Coke :D

  11. #10
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,126
    Quote Originally Posted by J_V_DUB View Post
    As Nigel said the wiper might not budge even after threatening with bad language, hitting with a hammer, using WD40 and spraying it with Coke :D
    LMAO thats true mate, we tried all known things that day including monsoon rain, didnt move.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Gepard Boot Liners
    By Caesium in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th August 2008, 21:01
  2. A3 electric mirror switch and boot liner
    By Shug1874 in forum Parts Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th July 2008, 15:27
  3. Boot liner for A3 3Dr Quattro?
    By funguf in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21st November 2007, 22:15
  4. s3 boot liner
    By imported_fingermouse in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd June 2006, 11:08
  5. S3 Boot problem...help needed...
    By Austin in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th August 2004, 23:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO