Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: autoebid

Reverse Gear

Status

autoebid

Has anyone used this internet supplier before.

If so how do you rate them?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: autoebid

Haven't used them, but might consider using them. They look quite competitve and have been around for a while, and haven't heard any thing bad, which is always a +.

Autoebid

5th Gear

Status
    Thinking about getting my dad a new car for his 65th and have seen some good deals on www.autoebid.com

so does anyone since last year have any experience of using them?
    Ian

Reverse Gear

Status
    hmmm.. I have mixed feelings about autoebid. They don't actually sell cars themselves, they just put you in touch with a dealer, so the level of service will depend on the dealer rather than autoebid.

I ordered a new car with an estimated 12 week lead time. 7 months later, no sign of the car. To be fair this was probably out of autoebids control and at this stage I would still have recommended them.

However, what has annoyed me, is that now I have been trying to get hold of them to request a refund as I feel they were inacurate with the price and lead time. After 7 weeks of faxes and 2 emails no one has had the courtesy to contact me. Their customer service number is just an answerphone. It is this lack of communication that lets them down for me.

A3 3.2Q DSG, SLine, Avus, Bose, Xenons, Light/Rain sensor pack, Parking sensors

5th Gear

Status
    Hi thanks for that

What car did you order?
    What dealer? (I firmly believe in naming and shaming!)

Did you pay the deposit to dealer on a credit card? This is what i would intend to do then if anything went wrong - as your case - i'd hope the Credit Card company would get involved on my behalf.

The car i'm looking at for my dad is the Chrysler 300C CRD with luxury pack. 27K all in. Not bad when you compare to MB's prices!

If he thinks its too flash (why he doesn't really want a MB), after test drive this weekend there are also some good mondeo deals too

Cheers

Ian
    Ian

Reverse Gear

Status
    Finally received my refund from Autoebid after being promised it 7 weeks ago.

My advice would be, if you are flexible with price, lead time and spec, use them. If not then don't! Plus, the dealers they use are mostly brokers who are usually last on the list when it comes to cars with a long lead time.

Hope this helps.
    A3 3.2Q DSG, SLine, Avus, Bose, Xenons, Light/Rain sensor pack, Parking sensors