Coilovers scuppered by Audi insurance :(

RYes3

Reaction score
Sat here about to hit buy on a set of KW coilovers when I decided it was probably best to check how much my insurance would rise by!

Wish I hadn't of bothered! Basically Audi insurance will cancel the policy if i do it!!

They cover no modifications other than factory options whatsoever!

I'm nearly halfway through the policy so looks like no mods until next year when I get a proper insurer! Grrrr!

Sat here about to hit buy on a set of KW coilovers when I decided it was probably best to check how much my insurance would rise by!

Wish I hadn't of bothered! Basically Audi insurance will cancel the policy if i do it!!

They cover no modifications other than factory options whatsoever!

I'm nearly halfway through the policy so looks like no mods until next year when I get a proper insurer! Grrrr!

Gives u a chance to build up a nice set of mods ready and waiting for the car then.

Silver linings and all that...

Gives u a chance to build up a nice set of mods ready and waiting for the car then.

Silver linings and all that...

Read my mind! I just started a thread on doing just that!

They don't want anyone modding them because their cars are faultless :eyebrows:

Didn't even realise Audi did insurance! Bar them not doing mods, are they any good? I guess its just underwritten by someone else?

Didn't even realise Audi did insurance! Bar them not doing mods, are they any good? I guess its just underwritten by someone else?

They are underwritten by Allianz. They were by far the best price quoted but to be honest I would have paid more elsewhere if I knew that I wouldn't be able to mod!

Just sent you a PM with some info on parts mate. The insurance is a pain but gives you chance to plan everything properly and know exactly what you are doing once you have sorted that problem.