Anyone tried Yokohama Parada Spec 2?

I've not read all the other replies, so I am sorry if I am repeating anything...

I had them on my previous car which I tracked a few times. They're good tyres once warm and in the dry. In the wet, I personally thought they were ditch finders...

I think they're overpriced for what they have to offer, personally. I'd much rather Conti's and save myself £40 per corner.

Right, I've ruled out Parada.

People have now brought to my attention Contisports....but what's the difference in the the numbers that follow i.e 2/3/5? Higher the number better they are?!

They're all priced near as damn it the same??

Pony.

Stupid fan boy tires suited to people in <900kg tin cans.

595RSR's ftw if you want to go fast. FK452 if you want to drive daily.

Both my S3 and tdi170 remaped quattro have the conti sport contact 3's all round. im happy with them they grip and dont seem to wear out at an alarming rate, much better than the pirelli's that were fitted in terms of wet and dry grip when i got the cars.

Both are fitted with 225/40 R18 with XL ratings to give a slighty firmer ride.

just my opinion and it works for me

Think with Continental it's the lower the number, the older the design.....the latest Conti 5P's seem to come out very well on all tests, winning most and never lower than 3rd......O.E on the RS3 as well !! Almost got them instead of the F1 Assymetric 2's, but couldn't find any as they were newly released earlier this year.

Both my S3 and tdi170 remaped quattro have the conti sport contact 3's all round. im happy with them they grip and dont seem to wear out at an alarming rate, much better than the pirelli's that were fitted in terms of wet and dry grip when i got the cars.

Both are fitted with 225/40 R18 with XL ratings to give a slighty firmer ride.

just my opinion and it works for me

Running the same spec tyres but sport 5s. I cheated a lil and bought the "MO" which are supposedly mercedes only fitment. They were the exact same spec and size but around £10 cheaper per tyre.

interesting.

but which tyre is supposed to be the better one?

Ive wondered the difference between the BMW and merc tyres, the sizes seem the same, are they runflats or something?

conti- sport 3 or 5?

interesting.

but which tyre is supposed to be the better one?

Ive wondered the difference between the BMW and merc tyres, the sizes seem the same, are they runflats or something?

conti- sport 3 or 5?

Nothing like that whatsoever. I read into it before buying mine, basically each manufacturer has an agreement with particular tyre companies to kit out a bunch of their cars with a particular branded tyre. In this case, BMW and MB both have contracts with continental to put conti's as a standard tyre on they're vehicle. I'm not sure if audi fall into this category too. The whole point of it is, when customers need new tyres they stick with the same ones, so they have designated mercedes only or bmw only tyres which they shift at varying prices. Its all marketing really. The tyres are the same.

Just checked black circles. Still the same:

Continental Sport Contact 5 - 225/40/18 92(Y) XL Mercedes fitment - £118.49
Continental Sport Contact 5 - 225/40/18 92(Y) XL - £126.36

If you're buying a full set ud save ~£32. The only visual difference is that the mercedes tyres say MO on the side, but its so tiny no one would ever notice the difference or even care that it says it.

I'd go with the 5's since they're newer as stated earlier

I agree with the above, with the caveat that you should be careful putting tyres designated as Mercedes only (MO) for example on another make of car......not because they are different in any way....they aren't....but because if anything happens and you have an accident, then the insurers will look at the car with a fine toothed comb and if they find that the tyres are designated as another manufacturers fitment only, then they won't pay out.....not fair but when were insurers fair !!!

It probably won't happen, but you need to bear it in mind.

i would go for the Conti 5P's without the MO designation.....the extra £32 is worth paying for the peace of mind in my opinion .

I have ent read any other replies , but I picked up a set of specs 2 s for £400 fitting about a month ago , nice in the dry abit iffy in the wet if you push it but am not a fan of driving like a loon on wet road in a car I spent so much money on so they suit me quite well .for the prise I paid I can't complain and they look pretty smart too.

Just to throw another option in, I use Unoroyal Rainsport 2's on my cars. They don't seem to get much of a mention on here but I find them to be great. I had them on my S3 for a while and have just put 4 on my Golf GTI.

At the end of the day, we get so much rain in this country that I look at the wet weather performance more in tyres, I feel confident that they will perform well in the wet and they are fine in the dry as well.

Just to throw another option in, I use Unoroyal Rainsport 2's on my cars. They don't seem to get much of a mention on here but I find them to be great. I had them on my S3 for a while and have just put 4 on my Golf GTI.

At the end of the day, we get so much rain in this country that I look at the wet weather performance more in tyres, I feel confident that they will perform well in the wet and they are fine in the dry as well.

I use them too Graham, not the best in the dry, but almost unsurpassable in the wet. And a bargain.

You could always put a slick on one corner, a summer tyre on another, a rain tyre on the third and snow chains on the fourth......that will cover everything but you may experience some handling issues !!!.. :uhm: :yahoo:

Right well........the S3 has definitely eaten its tyres now, lots of cord, didnt realise they were that bad until a friend of mine was stood next to the car whilst i was turning around and he was like ooooooohhhhh.........

ive ordered 4 Contisport 5's from work

£480 fitted.

Cant argue with that. :)

Probably a bit late now but I run the Yoko PS2's and love them, even in the wet I like the feel and once you understand how they react they are a great fun tyre. There is a certain amount of slip in the wet when pushed, but it's something I like and suites my driving style.
There are others who hate them and have told me they nearly killed them (maybe a bit extreme - maybe not).
I now run them on the BBS and the Speedlines.