Bad day

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
Well the day started well. I was in a good mood, nothing much to finish off, infact planning on washing the car in the afternoon ready for my trip to perth on Sunday for the microlighting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11 oclock in town, funny sound from rear of car. Sounded at first like gravel flicking out in the wheel arch. By the time I had chance to pull off the busy road I knew it was a puncture. Yep, a nice stanley knife blade sunk right through. New tyre required. Pis*ing with rain, having to put the space saver on and then tootle around at 50mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

National tyres quoted £166...ouch. Ford Rapid Fit £140.00 and after insisting the manager changed the tyre, he did a perfect job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

For all those of us on the Audi maintanance plan, it's National Tyres that's the only approved place. This fills me with dread as the manager was a complete muppet. He measured all my tyres and got all the tyres at 6/7mm tread depth... WTF. I checked them recently at 4mm front, 6mm rear. Now is this setout by Audi that they add on a couple of mm so you cant change them until bare min ?. More likely the guy was a c*nt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rant over, but thought it may be of interest to others on fixed mainten /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gifance

Japper, i think you'll find all maintenance plans will only change on the bare minimum.

So how was it driving on the space saver in the rain? Did you try to get the rear end loose or try some heavy braking, you know, for testing's sake?

[ QUOTE ]
So how was it driving on the space saver in the rain? Did you try to get the rear end loose or try some heavy braking, you know, for testing's sake?

[/ QUOTE ]

JB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Surprisingly I did not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It was the rear offside and pootling around you couldn't feel the difference. Then again I didn't push it on left turns /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got the guy just to stick the new tyre / wheel in the boot, as I was going to clean / rotate them all yesterday anyway. Good job I did because when I cleaned all the soap off I noticed it's the wrong speed rating and compound. It's W with mo suffix insead of just Y. Just awaiting them opening so I can get it sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Good job you spotted that though...

[ QUOTE ]
What did they say when you went back japper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well saturday morning was totally taken up sorting this one out. They said 'but W rating is same as Y rating sir' Er, no it's not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif Ah, your right, but we can't get Y rating till Tuesday. So I phoned around all other outlets to see if they had stock and only one place actually had the brains to know that Y means Y, not W or indeed Z rating....muppets.

Oh, the place that had the brains.....wait for it.....drum roll.......Kwik Fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif