AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: Injector recall

Reverse Gear

Status

Injector recall

Will audi change the injectors FOC if the DPF has been removed?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Can't see them bothering to check so I would say yes to your question..

Neutral

Status
    Careful here, not sure if there is a software update as well, so if youre remapped this could cause a problem or two.

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    Yep, they will do a software update, meaning you will lose your map, and also have your DPF warning lights etc come on as I assume you would have had this mapped out on your removal.

So yes, they probably will, but be prepared to take your car back to who mapped it.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

1st Gear

Status
    After I had my injectors done I hd te remap checked and the software was untouched ie remap was not altered.

2nd Gear

Status
    allen, have a read of all the posts relating to issues after injectors, if the car is running fine and it was me, id leave well alone!

1st Gear

Status
    I've got them replaced and car is running fine. Apart from a flat battery the other day or so.
    A3 S Line 2.0 TDI Sportback - DSG
    BOSE, cruise control, bi-xenons, MFSW, Heated seats, paddle shifts, ipod connection

19" Speedlines | Reverse camera | Eibach Sportline Springs | MY09 LED Tails | Eibach Spacers Front 10MM Rear 12MM | Pioneer HU | Private Plate | Tints | LED numberplate | Interior Light Kit

4th Gear

Status
    There is a software update thats meant to be applied when they change the injectors, however most dealers are totally unaware of it. If you're car is running ok personally I wouldn't do the recall (from my experiences anyway), the recall wont expire so if you need it in the future you can still get the work done.
    TDI PD170 S-Line Sportback... 191.2bhp & 290lb/ft torque @ standard with an iffy turbo! No idea with the new one or Shark Stage 1 remap installed, DPF off Stage 1 ready to go, Suspension & wheels to be fitted... Still....

Neutral

Status
    I have an a3 2.0tfsi 56 plate. Hd a recall on the coil pack but still having juddering when cool and pulling through gears, oil was on the second plug when changing them and I'm pushing for audi to do the injector but my car has no outstanding recalls!!
    pvery frustrating and it's now with audi tomorrow for a 1hour flat charge for diagnostics.

if there is a know problem with injectors in the later model, I think 07 onwards, can I push to get it foc

1st Gear

Status
    after my last post on this thread of getting the injectors done, my car is running fine.

work was done at victoria audi.
    A3 S Line 2.0 TDI Sportback - DSG
    BOSE, cruise control, bi-xenons, MFSW, Heated seats, paddle shifts, ipod connection

19" Speedlines | Reverse camera | Eibach Sportline Springs | MY09 LED Tails | Eibach Spacers Front 10MM Rear 12MM | Pioneer HU | Private Plate | Tints | LED numberplate | Interior Light Kit

3rd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Dannykn9;1682394]Yep, they will do a software update, meaning you will lose your map, and also have your DPF warning lights etc come on as I assume you would have had this mapped out on your removal.

So yes, they probably will, but be prepared to take your car back to who mapped it.[/QUOTE

this isnt true, i had the iinjector recall done and ive got custom map and miltek dpf delete and didnt effect them doing it FOC and my car is still mapped

MY S-LINE 2.0TDI HYBRID PROGRESS

MY PROGRESS THREAD

2nd Gear

Status
    I had my dpf removed and car remapped on Monday of this week, it then went in to Audi on Tuesday for the Injector recall.

Checked the map after the injector recall had been done and it had not been touched so it is still mapped.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130