Fog's on with main beam?

Chilly

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered previously.

I am looking for some advice on the A3 tdi sline quattro we have, basically i have swapped out the bulbs and put better / brighter ones in already but driving on the country lanes at night i couldnt help feel the car needs a bit more light.

What i am looking for is that when the road is empty and i flick the main beam on if it possible to get the foglights to also come on? so its a case really of getting the fogs to control off the main beam / indicator stalk. is it possible to make this mod using VCDS or is it more complex?

Hope you guys & girls can help

Cheers

Chilly

No, not to come on for use as main beam. You can set it in VCDS so the fogs are on as well as main beam though as some cars a programmed so the fogs go off when main beam headlights are switched on.

I can't see there being much point as the fogs don't realy throw a lot of light forward, just close and to the side. Better main beam is your best bet for country roads.

Thanks for the responses

Audi Cruiser you have hit the nail on the head that is exactly what i am trying to achieve next question is how do i do it??

Cheers

Chilly