Main Headlight Height Adjustment

Bailey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just installed my Xenon bulbs in my A3 and I have noticed that the drivers side light is angled up more so it looks brighter on the drivers side than the other, It looks a little stupid to say the least.

I was just wondering if there is a way to angle it down a little to bring them both inline so they look the same brightness and are pointing at the same level?

Obviously I have used the light adjustment in the car itself but as they are out one still looks brighter than the other.

Can anyone help me at all?

I have included a picture here but you cant really tell one is brighter than the other on this but believe me it is.

IMG_1103_zps3a2caaaa.jpg

Cheers

Bailey

You put in xenon bulbs? Have you not read about the front wiper motor issue with HID kits?
anyway you can adjust the headlights with the 2 white adjusters located on the top of the headlight, just use a screwdriver and have the lights on pointed at a wall and then adjust the light so it's level

You put in xenon bulbs? Have you not read about the front wiper motor issue with HID kits?
anyway you can adjust the headlights with the 2 white adjusters located on the top of the headlight, just use a screwdriver and have the lights on pointed at a wall and then adjust the light so it's level

Thanks, I will give that a go later when I get in from work. They are only cheap ebay specials but they look pretty awesome mate tbh.

Dipped/Side Beam Headlamp Light Bulbs 55w Super White H7 501 Xenon HID | eBay

Bailey

Correct me if I am wrong, but those bulbs look like halogen parts. Xenons (HID) would need ballasts to operate correctly, and there is no memtion of that in the advertisement.

Correct me if I am wrong, but those bulbs look like halogen parts. Xenons (HID) would need ballasts to operate correctly, and there is no memtion of that in the advertisement.

My apologys yes they are hologen parts (H7) but they are the Xenon lookalikeys.

Try to use the screwdriver on those white "screws" until you can see that they are right. Meybe its me but the one on the right looks a little more yellow than the left one (from my point of view).. Have you tried out GP Thunder 7500k? Those are some great bulbs and lasts for over a year, great light and nice color :)

Try to use the screwdriver on those white "screws" until you can see that they are right. Meybe its me but the one on the right looks a little more yellow than the left one (from my point of view).. Have you tried out GP Thunder 7500k? Those are some great bulbs and lasts for over a year, great light and nice color
biggrin.gif

Not tried these before no, I will have a look into them

ahh yh the halogens are fine then, no worries of messing up your wiper motors
thumbs-up.gif

No probs, I will give this a shot tonight and hopefully a normal screwdriver will work fine

Cheers