Cv boot where to buy?

OVRA3

Reaction score
Where can I buy a cv boot for my car.. Mine has split and I can't find one anywhere don't want to pay 40 odd from Audi but also don't want one that glues together.. Am I missing something as there seems to one for every car other than mine? 2.0 tfsi Quattro 2005.. Any ideas chaps and chapesses?

Buy the genuine part. £40 quid to last another 7 years isn't exactly a lot if money.

Buy cheap buy twice in my experience...

(thought you already had a thread running on this?!)

Buy the genuine part. £40 quid to last another 7 years isn't exactly a lot if money.

Buy cheap buy twice in my experience...

(thought you already had a thread running on this?!)

It's a piece of rubber with clips.. Hardly worth double the price

id definatly get a genuine one the aftermarkets never seem to last a year!

Really???? But it's a bit of rubber surely it doesn't make a difference and hardly worth twice the price?

Take the advice... You'll end up doing it twice if you buy the cheaper rubber boot.

ther are a lot thicker and hold there shape better as the cheaper ones seem to implode and split too easy.done a fair few now and always use genuine.

Thanks for your advice lads I appreciate it just shocked that 40 quid on a piece of rubber to cover the joint.. No aftermarket good parts?? Ok well Audi it is then...

also you will get a new shiny little circlip aswell ;)

Aftermarket are more like plastic than rubber, you can feel they are too rigid to last.
Bite the bullet and spend the money im afraid, its what driving this car is all about. You know you love it.
It also may be worth doing both inner and outer joints while you have the shaft off.

I got mine from GSF.

You'll also need to get a straight jacket to pop on after trying to clean that grease off your hands, tools, wheels and everywhere else its splattered. I seems to multiply once you touch it.

I might get the mrs to do it I'm sure she is better with a shaft than me. 😜 thanks gents you expensive bunch of Audi fanatics

How you going to get the car in the kitchen?

id say go genuine far far far easier to fit and you get all the correct parts for fitting new clips and hub centre bolt. and from what i can remember the clips are far better too.

worth every penny to me.

For all my whining and moaning bought the cv boot 1ko 498 203a from eBay for 16quid all in genuine Audi part!

Thanks gents!!! :)

I've tend to get all of my parts from these guys here GSF Car Parts | Discount Car Parts & Cheap Car Spares and then take new parts with my car to my trusted mechanic and get him to work his magic, it's always a way cheaper option than getting the dealer to do it. However,
I usually take my car to the dealer to get the service done and they give me a health check at the end of it. If they find anything wrong with it in the health check, i just go to that GSF car parts place get the parts I need and take it to my mechanic.. seems to work well for me. hope that helps =)

I've tend to get all of my parts from these guys here GSF Car Parts | Discount Car Parts & Cheap Car Spares and then take new parts with my car to my trusted mechanic and get him to work his magic, it's always a way cheaper option than getting the dealer to do it. However,
I usually take my car to the dealer to get the service done and they give me a health check at the end of it. If they find anything wrong with it in the health check, i just go to that GSF car parts place get the parts I need and take it to my mechanic.. seems to work well for me. hope that helps =)

Thanks mate, thats exactly what I am doing with the boot.. Too messy for me so its off to my mate who will fit it for £30.. I have an Indie for servicing and basically anything engine related as he is ex VW... and use my mate for any brake or stuff like this as he is cheap.. seems to work well but I agree with hunting for the parts yourself it saves loads!

Euro car parts do oem. Just done mine cost me under £20 if I remember correctly