AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) Possible on this?

All,

I've had this dent on the roof of my S3 for too long now! I'd kind of written it off as too expensive to bother repairing, but it does make me cry a little each time I was the car! Having read a bit about PDR recently, I was wondering if anyone with any experience thought it might be possible to remove this one?

(right in the middle of 2nd pic, harder to spot)

Cheers,
    Rich

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    looks like a good PDR guy could sort that

2nd Gear

Status
    I would of thought so! I had my door done after some sod had opened the door on it!!

However they used bars with mine and got to it down the window. They will probably use a suction on that to be honest?
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, it's the 'sharpness' of the dent that worries me - if you look at the 2nd picture there's almost a straight line crease along the bottom of it - I thought that might rule out suction?

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah I know what you mean! Your probably best taking it to them and see what they think? I'd definetly have it done even if there is the slightest marking left?
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

5th Gear

Status

I think they would use a glue on it to effectively pull it out the over pull it then tap back with a little hammer thing all very clever most companies have an email contact send a pic to them
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

1st Gear

Status
    All depends on the skill of the PDR guy and whats behind the dent....it may lie exactly over a roof support cross section making access difficult/impossible.

When access is difficult they can use glue on dent pullers to get the ball rolling. May be a case of they can make it better, but not perfect.

Where abouts in the country are you? i know a PDR guy who is second to none.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tedward View Post
    All depends on the skill of the PDR guy and whats behind the dent....it may lie exactly over a roof support cross section making access difficult/impossible.

When access is difficult they can use glue on dent pullers to get the ball rolling. May be a case of they can make it better, but not perfect.

Where abouts in the country are you? i know a PDR guy who is second to none.
    Surrey - no where near Lancashire! Read a few good things about these guys so will shoot them a mail: Dentex Mobile Paintless Dent Removal 19 Yrs Experience Free Online Estimates

Neutral

Status
    As long is the panel is not double skinned and they can access behind the dent they can do it, bearing In mind if the crease is sharp or quite deep it will probably crack the paint work.

Best bet is take a picture and email/upload to a few PDR companies and see what they say.
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sportback ¦ Phantom Pearl Black ¦ 16" alloys ¦ 58 Plate ¦ Acoustic Rear Parking System ¦ Criuse Control ¦ Interior Light Package ¦ Light & Rain Sensor ¦ Door Mirrors Auto Dimming and Folding

5th Gear

Status

I had a similar dent removed on my previous S3 after a conker fell on the roof, while waiting at a junction.
    I could not tell afterwards.
    All depends on the skills of the operator and where the support braces fall.
    Audi S3 Quattro Black Edition.

_G_
    4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by essIII View Post
    Yeah, it's the 'sharpness' of the dent that worries me - if you look at the 2nd picture there's almost a straight line crease along the bottom of it - I thought that might rule out suction?
    the clear coat may be damaged - agreed.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i always think its hard to tell with pictures of dents for PDR the slight crease shouldnt be much of a problem for decent PDR guys. i have seen our local guy in aberdeen remove some dents that i did not think would be poissible but you would never notice the difference afterwards.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    it would take a skilled pdr but its entirely possible if youre down dundee way theres a very good lad

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

2nd Gear

Status
    I used to run my own business doing PDR and this certainly looks doable. PDR would be your best option. I used to take on any job where the paint was not cracked but every single ding/dent is different. It would have to be looked at by eye to tell if it will be removed completely or if there would be a tiny crease left as metal has memory.

All I can say is that it will look much better and would be well worth the cost of a PDR technician coming to look at it and take it on.
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs...
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

1st Gear

Status
    chipsaway do a free quote, ask for one of thier pdr guys it might cost peanuts, my mate works for them but he does manchester area.
    i saw a thing on youtube the other day where you heat up the dent with a heatgun and then spray it with compressed air and it can bring the dint out, worth a look