Headunit, HID's & Panel Filter - Help!

BradHatton

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum so go easy if i've asked something that has been covered a million times, i understand it's annoying but i've had a route aroundmand not really found the answers I'm looking for.

So, i'd like to install a double din head unit into my A3, preferably with AUX, USB, CD & Possibly bluetooth, any suggestions? I don't want to go mad on one price wise, i just want one that looks smart and does the job, i have a sub and an amp ready to be wired in too, so obviously an aftermarket HU would help.

HID's, I had a set of 6000k's on my old motor and i absolutely loved them, a lovely white blue! But having looked into it on this forum, some are saying they've had trouble with wiper motor's etc, is anybody running HID's without issues, and if not, what is a good alternative!? I cannot stand halogens :puke2:

Finally, one more thing, i'm looking into buying a K&N panel filter, thoughts?
Although again, some have mentioned issues due to the oil coating it has, can anyone clarify?

Sorry for a rant, Thanks :arco:

Scrap the HID question, just found the answer about the wiper motor. But still, what would people recommend as a nice alternative?

Welcome to the forum.

There's plenty of threads on double din headunits, what will help is whether you already have a double din in your car or not, this will make a differnce price wise.

Fo HID's your best alternative in OEM Xenons, few people done it on here so I'm sure they'll be around to give their input.

Can't help you on the filter though but from what's been said on here it's hardly any better.

Jack

HID's You would have to fit all OE stuff including the leveller and washers to conform with the new mot.
Panel filters don't come oiled, you need to coat them yourself with the recommended spray oil but lots of tuning establishments frown on oiling as it can ****** up the MAF. A new paper filter every 6 months does the job just as well and is more cost effective.

Okay thanks lads, looks like I'm not getting HID's or a filter, aha.

Mine is single din currently mate.

I wondered whether anyone had a decat manifold on their 2.0TDi too?

Decat manifold also won't pass the MOT either if your model year is supposed to have it, unless the MOT tester is cool about it.

Better think of something else to mod. might as well spend your dosh on an your ICE upgrade, the MOT doesn't include that on the test-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yet:yes:

Okay, thanks mate, how much is that Pioneer unit?

And I'm not worried about MOT's mate, it's just been MOT'd and if i want it to pass another, i'll remove it.

ICE upgrade, what is that?

Last edited: