front bumper change

G"MAN

GONE LOW BUT GOING LOWER
Reaction score
hi guys

im thinking of swapping my standard 06/8p front bumber for a 2006/8p s3 front bumper.. a
can somebody tell me on how hard is will be todo..

will i need new front fog lamps or will they fit in the same loaction points.. will they be diffrent as there honeycomb..

will i need need a new front main grill aswell as mine is allready gloss black and smothed in number plate.

and will i need new wheel arch liners. are the bumpers difrent shape..

a little help will be great :)
G

Show us a pic of your current front end.

Bumper will fit fine, grill maybe would look odd unless fitting S3 one, fog surrounds will fit fine if fogs are same, hence why pic requested, no need for new arch liners.

Its not hard to do, just takes little time, easier to take wheels of but can get behind headlight by turning wheels full lock, to remove the bolt behind there that holds bumper on, a load of torx bolts down the liner, under car & then the longer ones on top of the bumper when bonnet lifted.

I can't up load a pic at the second but it's the one in my profile pic but no longer green I have a aftermarket rs6 style grill no plate and honey comb that fits it.. eBay joby lol

G

this is the front end i have at the min

IMG_0323.png

You will need,
S3 bumper
S-line/S3 fog lights
Fog light plugs and repair wires.
I don't think ur grille will not fit without modification, the S3 grille is shorter than yours.

rigyht ok then
so if say i wanted to do the front end converstion to the latest 2012 front end what would i need would i need to replace wings and bonet or ?? i know i would need to replace lights but not sure about the other :)

G

Wings, bonnet, grill, bumper, front carrier, bonnet lock, headlights etc, its a big job I do often but expensive tbh, PM if need a supply/fit solution.

I've done the 8P2 really easy, I want the 8P3 next. Can I DIY the whole thing? My 8p2 s3 bumper might be for sell soon :)

lol ok then people lol il have a look into it.. might be just as cheap to buy a new car lol...

G