New headunit advice.

garuf

Reaction score
I have a 8P1 with the single din concert unit but I am looking to buy an aftermarket headunit. I am looking for one that has built in bluetooth for hands free and will allow me to connect my ipod into the back of it so I can have my ipod in the glove box and control it via the headunit. I like the look of the Alpine ones with the parrot bluetooth but I can work out if they will allow me to route a cable for my ipod to the glove box.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have a pioneer AVH-8400 BT installed in mine with the iPod in the glove box, has full parrot bluetooth and a reverse camera installed.

would you be looking to do the double din upgrade or just leave it as single din?

The Bluetooth module can be mounted behind the head unit out of sight, all of the controls are handled through the head unit. The mic will of course have to be mounted where it can pick up your voice. You can run the iPod cable wherever you want, plenty of length to run it into the glove box.

Hey garuf

I am in a similar situation to your's, need to get a new HU that will give me other options as the Audi Concert is a bit limited. I also have a single DIN and do not want to change to a double DIN as its a bit out of my price range.

Can you tell me what parts you ordered to do the conversion to an aftermarket HU?

no probs mate, ideally though you would just need a fascia and the correct cable adapters which there are already loads of threads explaining that.

no probs mate, ideally though you would just need a fascia and the correct cable adapters which there are already loads of threads explaining that.

Yeah I know the basics, its actually getting the correct part numbers for the cable adapters. I got another thread started up in the ICE now :) I will be pulling out my headunit to ensure I know if mine has quadlock connectors or not. My car is an April 2006 reg and I am not 100% sure what connector it has at the back. It is a Concert II with Bose.

The Bluetooth module can be mounted behind the head unit out of sight, all of the controls are handled through the head unit. The mic will of course have to be mounted where it can pick up your voice. You can run the iPod cable wherever you want, plenty of length to run it into the glove box.

How hard would it be to mount it behind the headunit?
Sorry I'm a total newb when it comes to car audio.

If the Concert is single DIN then it will be ISO, double DIN it will be Quadlock

How hard would it be to mount it behind the headunit?
Sorry I'm a total newb when it comes to car audio.

Not hard at all. You can use some double side tape to stick it behind the head unit. There's a nice plastic surface back there that it will stick to. For tape, I've had great luck with 3M VHB, used it in several installs and it's held up to the heat for years. :thumbup: